Business Systems Analyst – Data (Bilingual – EN/SP)
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: Until Oct 31st to start
Contributes to the overall success of standing up Data Governance in the Client including support for client-wide data management initiatives to understand and document metadata definitions, data lineage and quality in Canada and other countries ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. This includes creation of Data Governance and related IT process documentation and training. The incumbent will play a key part in development of metadata, data linage, data quality monitoring, data sharing agreements and service level agreements processes. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Client relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Provide consolation and best practices for creation of Data and IT Governance process. Specifically looking for experience in process documentation and training.
- Provides input to end to end data flow and lineage from capture at source, to storage, to delivery and its business intent at each stage (i.e. capture, transformation, fragmentation, editing).
- Performs any necessary data mapping and data lineage activities and documents information flows to support specific business requirements.
- Performs data profiling, analyzes and communicates results in support of data quality processes.
- Builds the metadata model and business glossary by gathering information from multiple sources: business users, existing data sources, databases and other relevant documents and systems.
- Participates in knowledge transfer within the team and business units and identifies and recommend opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency of the business unit and/or team.
- Monitors project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Assesses, researches, analyzes, and documents project needs and outcomes by selecting the appropriate information gathering and/or modelling technique to elicit requirements.
- Understand how the Client’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.