Business Systems Analyst
Location Address: Remote
Contract Duration: 7 Months
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: M-F 8:30-5pm
Story Behind the Need: Backfill Position
Business group: Global Compliance Learning team
Project: Compliance Transformation Program
Candidate Value Proposition- Opportunity to work on a project that’s global in nature
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to: work directly with Subject Matter Experts, Learning Product Owner and collaborate with internal stakeholders, business users, and technical teams/vendors to drive proper documentation of processes and mapping data from/to various systems. This also involves developing business requirements, functional requirements, process maps, test case development, data mapping from source to target and other artifacts required to ingest data into compliance data hub and generate dashboards and reporting.
Typical Day in Role:
• Facilitates discussions with business clients to gather business and data source requirements
• Develops and delivers process documentation that reflects current business processes, data sources and future state requirements
• Participates in all aspects of an Agile systems development life cycle
• Application of tools for data analysis, data mining, source-to-target data mapping, data domain and referential integrity verifications; programming skills are desired
• Designs dashboard and reports required for Board, management and operational reporting
• Ensures compliance with all applicable data regulations and policies
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
• Support projects across the enterprise and business unit
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. At least 5-7 years of experience as a Business Analyst/Business Systems Analyst professional.
2. Financial services industry experience
3. Experience in various technology base implementations
4. Excellent skills in PowerBi, PowerTools, Sharepoint, SQL, Excel & PowerPoint. Experience with Visio is desirable
5. Strong understanding of Data mining, Data analysis, Data Modeling and Data Architecture
6. Able to create ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) design documents to capture business requirements
1- Demonstrated leadership and analytical abilities.
2- Able to work with the Data office/other Scotia teams to ensure that all data quality measures have been met.
1- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills including but not limited to presentation, prioritization, effective time management, conflict management.
2- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
3- Inquisitive mindset; eager to learn and acquire knowledge
4- Must be a creative, self-starting, results-oriented and highly motivated individual
5- Willing and able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Degrees or certifications:
Post-secondary graduate of Business, Project/Program Management or related discipline.
Candidate Review & Selection – One Round of Interviews