Business Systems Analyst ( BA- BSA-Infrastructure Servicenow )
Duration: 6 months
Work Location: Toronto
DUTIES OF A BUSINESS ANALYST:
Business analyst main focus is identifying opportunities for improving a business’s processes and using technology to eliminate problems that affect productivity, output, distribution and ultimately, the bottom line. So, knowing how technology can solve business problems is vital to a business analyst’s success. The following are the duties performed by a business analyst;
- Analyzing the business processes in an organization or a company for inefficiencies and inadequacies. Making recommendations and approvals for solutions or improvements that can be achieved and attained through new technology or alternative uses of existing technology.
- Acting as liaison between business stakeholders, such as management, customers or end users, and the software development or information technology team.
- Analyzing and communicating stakeholder needs by translating business requirements into software requirements.
- Documenting and evaluating required data and information.
- Using modeling, testing and data models to improve the flow of information through an organization to enhance project success.
DUTIES OF A SYSTEM ANALYST:
Systems analysts use a company’s information technology systems to help achieve and attain some strategic business goals and objectives. They may design and develop new systems by configuring new hardware and software, or use existing systems in new ways to achieve additional outcomes. Their duties include the following:
- Consulting with management and users to determine the needs of the system
- Designing a system to meet the business objectives and goals
- Specifying inputs and formatting outputs to meet users’ needs
- Using techniques such as sampling, model building and structured analysis, along with accounting principles, to ensure the solution is efficient, cost-effective and financially feasible
- Developing specifications diagrams and flowcharts for programmers to follow
- Overseeing implementation, coordinating tests and observing initiation of the system to validate performance
1.) BA and BSA experience – 6 years
3.) SQL – data manipulation
4.) MS Project/Visio
NICE TO HAVE: