Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Duration: 5 months + extension up to 1 year
Business Group: The successful candidate will be joining the Wealth Brokerage multiple medium sized initiatives. The successful candidate will need to be adaptable, to join a project and need to understand how current system works.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidates will have the opportunity to join a collaborative team environment that will be impacting multiple organizational lines within the Bank. Using various techniques and methodologies, the successful candidate will be exposed to new technology in an enterprise environment.
Typical Day in the Role:
As a Business Systems Analyst (Agile/Scrum) you will help define and deliver solutions that meet business objectives and will serve as a facilitator between the business and IT in understanding the business’s needs. In partnership with Product owners, Business Stakeholders, and IT engineering teams you will lead the eliciting, analyzing, validating and managing of requirements, business processes and high-level solution designs.
Agile Practice & Team Role
• Work in continuous delivery mode, analyzing and delivering features iteratively
• Consistently demonstrate Agile processes and principles for effective delivery
• Consistently demonstrate Lean principles for efficient delivery
Requirement Elicitation & User Story Management
• Work closely with requesting stakeholders, product owners, development team, UI/UX and QA specialists
• Responsible for creating, refining and maintaining user stories and associated deliverables such as process flows, acceptance criteria and spec by examples to meet development and stakeholder needs
• Responsible for translating legacy system code into requirements
• Work with the Product Owner and other BAs on the prioritization of the product backlog of user stories
• Work with the Product Owner, BAs, and Quality Assurance Analysts on defining acceptance criteria sufficiently for testing
• Work with the Product Owner to confirm the delivered solution is in fulfillment of the stated requirements
• Provide production issue analysis and escalation in a timely manner for the various production systems
Must Have Skills:
1. 5 + years working as a Business Analyst for Digital IT Projects
2. 2 + years’ experience as a Business Analyst in an agile project-based environment.
3. 4 + years’ experience Agile processes including user stories, Scrum, Kanban, retrospectives, team planning and other related Agile techniques, shown through recent projects
4. 2 + years of recent experience of either Scrum or Kanban
5. Experience reverse engineering legacy systems built on Java based technology. Experience of SQL an asset
6. Working experience in Digital solutions team within Financial Industry experience
Nice to have Skills:
• Strong understanding of Wealth Management / Brokerage business is an asset