Business Systems Analyst
Location Address: Toronto -WFH until further notice – will be hybrid
Contract Duration: 11/30/2022 contract ending.
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9-5
Story Behind the Need:
Business Group: Canadian Digital Banking Engineering – Applications
Project: The Business Systems Analyst will be working on the RTR (Real time email money transfers) project along with other projects. This project has already started and the BSA will be working with a Senior BSA on the team to help with capturing requirements and ensuring they have the right scope identified to move forward.
Candidate Value Proposition:
– Candidate will be working on the Digital Banking team that works on latest tech stacks
– Gain exposure to agile methodology
– Be a part of a fast-paced team
Typical Day in Role:
– Analyze and develop technical requirements based on solution documentation
– Ensure integrity of business and technical requirements in end-to-end customer journey
– Drive joint application design solutioning sessions with our architecture, development and security architecture teams that inform high-level estimates for large and medium sized incoming initiatives
– Facilitate requirements gathering and design sessions with multiple stakeholders to extract requirements, and turning them into use cases, user stories, sequence diagrams, etc. to meet development and stakeholder needs
– Lead enterprise process engineering development across infrastructure, Security, DevOps and cryptography teams
– Create, refine and maintain product backlog and associated deliverables; release backlog with forecasted delivery timelines
– Bridge the gap between business and IT, ensuring common understanding and IT/Business alignment of both functional (for business needs) and non-functional requirements (such as reporting, performance, interfaces, and constraints.)
– Help improve and drive our engineering practices by providing valuable inputs and suggestions as to what works well and what can be done better
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. 1+ years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst in a challenging IT system solution environment.
2. 1+ years of experience gathering requirements and analyzing data
3. Knowledge of Confluence and JIRA.
Nice to have Skills:
1. Experience working on multiple projects at one time
2. Knowledge of SDLC
Soft Skills Required:
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• You are also an agile and lean evangelist.
• Strong analysis, logical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Strong communication skills- both oral and written
Education: Engineering or Computer Science degree preferred
Candidate Review & Selection: 1 Interview with Senior Dev Manager and BSA – 45 min -Video
Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP