Business Systems Analyst
Location: WFH – Toronto
Contract Duration: 4 months with opportunity for conversion – manager wants to hire candidate after about 6 months
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9:00 AM-5:00 PM (flexible)
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Investment Platform Solutions (IPS)
Project: Investment Platform Solutions (IPS) is seeking a Business Systems Analyst to assist with modernization of the investment platform
Reason for request: Workload Increase
Candidate Value Proposition
The successful candidate will not only have the opportunity to gain valuable experience at a top 5 Canadian bank while getting exposure to the top emerging and disruptive technologies in a very forward thinking and agile environment
Typical Day in Role
• Conduct information gathering workshops with users to gather business requirements.
• Document business requirements (using various methodologies such as defining Epics, Use cases and User Stories).
• Support implementing technical solutions for Compliance monitoring programs as part of a wider team.
• Develop productive relationships with key stakeholders.
• Research developing trends and best practices and determine implications for using proposed technologies to meet business unit strategy.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Champion a high-performance environment and contribute to an inclusive work environment.
• Support projects across the enterprise and business unit.
– Develop User Acceptance / Business Acceptance test cases and execute as necessary
– Prepare training and process adaptation materials to facilitate deployment and provide post-implementation support
– Data Analysis: Analysis of large volumes of data to determine attributes; enrichment and data behaviour for regulatory reporting requirements.
– Problem / Requirements Analysis: Working with users to determine what the actual requirement is to solve the underlying problem.
– Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Any other duties as assigned
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1)7+ years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst preferably in banking but not required
2) At least 5 years of experience specializing in business processes and systems including using Agile methodology to document future state business processes and write user stories with detailed user acceptance criteria.
3) Proven leadership in eliciting and documenting requirements including data, business process and business object modeling, interviewing and user interface design and testing.
4) 2-3 years of experience defining APIs and large data management skills
5. Experience working with Visio, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint
– Self-starter that actively engages issues seeking resolution, ability to meet dynamic changes on prioritization
– Excellent communications skills to coordinate with high ranking individuals internally (Sr Manager and Director level generally)
– Ability to manage assigned tasks and expectations without direct instruction or oversight
– Fast, adaptable learner who can hit the ground running
– Ability to work well under pressure while demonstrating strong professionalism
-Strong investigation, prioritization, and organization skills
– Candidate must have an open mind when it comes to approach, and be able to assess each situation separately
– Must be able to collaborate closely with a team at times, while also being capable of holding themselves accountable to meet individual deadlines without hand holding
Degrees or certifications:
– A recognized undergraduate degree is required, preferably in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science
Candidate Review & Selection
2 Steps General – 1 with hiring manager then 1 with supervisor