Business Systems Analyst
Location Address: WFH, then Toronto
Contract Duration: 01/11/2022 to 10/31/2022
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Data Models & Analytics
• Project: Working with multiple projects. Regulatory reporting: data analysis data analytics, do requirements process,
• Reason for request: Product Specialist/Business Analyst – 4 for 11 months to support ongoing operational enhancements and projects.
• Backfill for LTD
Candidate Value Proposition
– The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on key bank initiatives, deliver on finance strategies, and intact with senior management across different business lines. There are opportunities to expand skillsets on different projects and grow knowledge base.
Typical Day in Role
• Manage, elicit, analyze and document detailed-level business and functional requirements (relating to data, business rules, calculations, report outputs) utilizing relevant requirements artifacts.
• Lead and conduct workshops to facilitate requirements gathering and discovery.
• Construct data flow diagrams, business and system context diagrams.
• Work closely with stakeholders to assess the current and future states and perform detailed gap analyses.
• Identify upstream and downstream dependencies.
• Produce breakdown of effort estimates for analysis and requirements-related activities.
• Effectively communicate and build rapport with all team members and stakeholders, including various source system teams and vendor teams.
• Work on multiple projects to implement solutions to business problems. This involves planning, soliciting and defining business requirements and processes, developing testing/conversion/implementation strategies, monitoring progress against planned objectives, and securing consensus and co-operation from users and senior management.
• Strong knowledge of requirements / design methodology – detail oriented, analytical and capable of investigating complex / technical issues and provide alternative solutions, project methodologies including Scrum, Agile and DevOps.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 4+ years’ experience in a relevant BSA role
• 2+ years’ experience with SQL (develop and read), Data base exposure/experience
• 2+ years; experience with Python
• 3+ years’ experience FI/Banking experience required
• Advanced Excel and ability to use VBA required
• Finance or accounting background is an asset
• OBI and SmartView experience is an asset
• Prior regulatory reporting experience
• Excellent communication skills to clearly articulate business requirements to senior stakeholders and end users
• Excellent team player by working with cross-departmental business & IT stakeholders, ability to manage conflicts.
• Highly motivated and committed, capable of working in a dynamic environment with aggressive timelines, multiple work streams running in parallel.
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Best vs Average: Strong technical and communication skills are key. Communication is central to this role and is essential for good performance. The best candidate would be able to adapt quickly, as many projects are fluid and in need of flexible mindsets.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• Structure and Format: Panel interview with HM and 1-2 team members. Potential second round as needed.