Location Address: WFH (Toronto when BCP is lifted)
Contract Duration: 1 year contract + good chance of extension
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The group analyzes and ensures regulatory compliance and remediation for the banks’ capital market clients for trade reporting systems.
Purpose: The incumbent will be responsible for supporting Trade Reporting Data issues. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of Regulatory Initiatives and will make the connection between the information that is fed through from multiple sources.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to build long lasting relationships within Canadian and Global Markets. This candidate will be a key driver in ensuring stakeholders communication with the IT team is streamlined utilizing various technologies within Trading systems.
Typical Day in the Role:
The main function of a Business Systems Analyst is to perform the analysis, design, implementation, modification, and daily functional support of all applications.
– Collaborates with business partners, sometimes including senior management, to define business objectives, process, and requirements
– Manage resolution of service delivery – escalate issues, lead service recovery teams, ensure that root cause analysis is conducted.
– Ensure internal support processes are understood, documented, validated, updated & communicated to key stakeholders.
– Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
– Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers
– Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities
– Supports one or more highly complex business processes
– Works on multiple projects as a project team member
– Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
1. 5 + years’ industry related experience within FI Space in capital markets as Business Systems Analyst
2. Familiarity within Capital Markets Regulations, proven through recent project experience (minimum 1 project including OTC Derivatives + Trade Reporting + Regulatory Reporting (regulatory operations of OT Spaces will be success)
3. 5 + years’ experience within multiple data source systems
4. Experience with SQL to read, write and query data (minimum 5 years’)
– Excellent communication and support experience is required
– Excellent communication skills to support the operations team throughout the OTC Space
Nice to have skills:
– Experience with Wallstreet or Murex Trading systems is a plus
– Global Markets support is a big plus
– Previousbank Experience is a plus