Location: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 months
Your Business Line:
Team supports Canadian Banking core credit card and unsecured lending (CCUL) applications from onboarding to transaction processing.
Story Behind the Need
• Project Summary : The main function of a Business Systems Analyst is to perform the analysis, design, implementation, modification, and daily functional support of all applications
• Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
• Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers
• Prepares cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities
• Supports one or more highly complex business processes
• Works on multiple projects as a project team member Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
• Ability to exercise good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
Qualifications/Must Have Skills
1. 3+ years of experience basic knowledge of programming languages in order to comprehend reading code and basic functions
2. 5-7 years of past work experience within Banking or FI. Demonstrating the ability to work with the business groups to create BRDs and/or Jira stories for Credit Card applications
3. Any past regulatory experience (for example: AML, KYC, IIROC) Related to Credit Cards
4. 2-3 years of past project management responsibilities in order to handle diverse projects, often times simultaneously, and meet aggressive deadlines
5. Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and do the necessary research using multiple sources of information and working with various teams to arrive at workable solutions.
Soft Skills Must haves
1. Ability to solve technical problems/ processes and understand complex details
2. A high level of interpersonal and verbal communication skills necessary to relate to other people at their systems knowledge level
Degrees or certifications:
Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.