Contract Length: August 3rd – Oct 31st 2021 + high probability of extension (project anticipated until FY22)
Location: WFH (once on site – Toronto)
Story Behind the Need:
Business Group: Seeking a developer for a project to integrate Quantified data into existing AML monitoring solution. This includes data ingestion and new monitoring. Project has begun and the candidate will be required to hit the ground running from a technology perspective.
Reporting to the Senior Manager the Business Systems Analyst (BSA) is responsible for the implementation of business applications and resolution of complex business problems for the assigned Lines of Business.
The BSA will provide technical and operational assessments of requirements and contribute to design process for improving systems and business processes in order to deliver operational efficiency, positive employee and customer experience, and to satisfy regulatory requirements.
After sufficient ramp up time incumbent will be relied upon as the expert in the appropriate system.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be extended and get exposure to various teams in the bank.
Typical Day in Role:
1. Ability to work with project leads to:
• Participate in defining the product vision, detailing what the product is, how it will contribute to the organization’s strategy and who are the end users.
• Assist in release plans, specifying priority items to support product/solution functionality and help set the stage for sprint planning.
• Collaborate with Scrum Master and/or Project Manager to continually manage scope, budget, and expectations (understanding scope burndown and its impact on release expectations).
• Work with product owners and/or end users to develop user stories, acceptance criteria or test cases for the product/system.
• Confidently assist the role of product owner where required, help prioritize Backlog.
• May be called upon to fulfill various deliverables within the scrum team such as designer, story writer, tester, facilitator, etc.
2. Lead the systems implementation process by:
• Developing conversion and implementation strategies
• Verifying conversion
• Providing user training
• Providing post-implementation warranty support
3. Responsible for ensuring that management is kept informed and that problems and issues are escalated appropriately.
4. Provide effective business solutions and services to the assigned business lines:
• Facilitate ideation sessions with business sponsors and development representatives to formulate the business requirements and ensure adaptability of development iterations.
• Investigate, understand and continually enhance knowledge of how the business works, uncovering opportunities and proactively identifying areas with potential for delivering value.
• Build strong relationships and maintain open communication channels between project team and customers/business sponsors/product owner(s) to ensure transparency.
5. Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of the Division's business strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, Back Office processes, and rapidly changing technology.
Must have Skills:
1. Must have 7 years of progressive technical working experience in business systems analysis.
2. Must have previous experience with Linux and Oracle databases (minimum 5 years')
3. Must have demonstrated technical working experience with SQL queries, data mapping & test methodologies (minimum 5 years')
• Must be eager to learn, self-starting, results oriented and highly motivated individual with very good analytical skills in order to apply this knowledge to independently resolve complex business and system problems.
• Must possess proven interpersonal, communication (verbal/written/presentation) and negotiation skills in order to build consensus and obtain cooperation from both users and senior management.
• Must possess good time management and organizational skills in order to effectively manage a variety of assignments from ideation to project execution.
Nice to have skills:
– Must have previous experience with .Net technologies
– Previous work experience in regulatory environment an asset.
– Oracle FCCM experience is a plus
• Post-secondary education in business, economics, mathematics, information sciences or a related discipline.