Job Title: Business System Analyst – Simcorp Dimension
Location Address: WFH (Toronto)
Contract Duration: 7 months + high chance of extension
Our large financial client is enhancing applications on the SimCorp Dimension application and require a strong BSA to configure end to end.
• Project: The group is working on Operational Enhancements to the existing SimCorp Dimension Application. The Business Systems Analysis is responsible for leading end to end business analysis and configuration-based development efforts for SimCorp Dimension (SCD). This role requires an understanding of the financial services industry, with focus on fund portfolio administration as part of asset and investment management.
• Configuring and enhancing SimCorp Applications in the system using predominantly SQL Server
• Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies.
• Gathers requirements from business units and translates those into user stories for implementation by the overall lab.
• Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities.
• Supports one or more highly complex business processes.
• Works on multiple projects as a project team member.
• Participate in the systems implementation process by defining business requirements and processes, defining user procedures and workflows, developing implementation strategies, providing user documentation and user training, and providing post-implementation support.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
Must Have Skills:
1. 5+ years of practical IT experience as a BSA in the relevant projects/lines of business is highly desirable (Asset & Investment Management, Capital Markets, Investment Accounting, Securities trading, Portfolio Management, etc.).
2. 5 + years’ experience reading, writing and configuring SQL Queries in application settings, ideally within Wealth Management
3. Recent hands on experience within Wealth Management (Minimum 1-3 projects) – The incumbent must be adept at understanding Front Office processes (trading, order management, risk, compliance, performance) and the end-to-end workflows and integration with Middle and Back Offices in one or more financial asset classes (e.g. fixed income, foreign exchange, interest rate derivatives, etc.).
1. Ability to solve technical problems/ processes and understand complex details. Ability to increase operating efficiency with produce high quality technical solutions.
2. A high level of interpersonal and verbal communication skills necessary to relate to other people at their systems knowledge level.
3. Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and do the necessary research using multiple sources of information to arrive at innovative solutions.
4. Advanced knowledge of financial instruments, including market conventions and valuation methods, risk management methodologies and models including best practices, current and anticipated regulatory requirements.
Nice to have Skills:
• Hands on SimCorp configuration change experience is an asset.