Business System Analyst
Typical Day in Role:
• Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
• Designs new computer programs by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
• Improves systems by studying current practices; designing modifications.
• Recommends controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures.
• Defines project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget.
• Monitors project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
• Maintains system protocols by writing and updating procedures.
• Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; providing help desk support; training users.
• Maintains user confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• You will be directing day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with our risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits and communicate it throughout the team
• You will create an environment in which your team pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to risk and compliance
• You ensure availability of the Salesforce platform, resolve application issues & best practice
• You have built/configured out-of-the-box features/functionality leveraging the full capabilities of the Salesforce platform
• Identify business needs and translate them into technical solutions
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1. 8+ years of previous BSA experience, experience in a FI setting preferred
2. 3-+ years of experience with Salesforce platforms and their functionalities (Financial Services Cloud, Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, etc.) Financial Services Cloud (e.g., user setup and management, page layout configuration, etc.)
3. Experience with planning/analysis of business requirements for system changes and enhancement
4. Experience dealing with end-users
• Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills to be able to work well with technical peers and business stakeholders at different levels within the organization
• Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to collaborate and work closely with external vendors
• Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and do the necessary research using multiple sources of information to arrive at innovative solutions
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently or with minimal direction
• Good time management and organizational skills to effectively manage high scale project
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.