Job Posting Title: Business System Analyst
Contract Duration: 6 month+ extension – will be extended up to 2 year tenure
FTE: Yes- preferred.
Location Address: WFH 333 King St E Toronto ON
Number of Positions: 1 Typical Hours: 9-5
Overtime: Possibility, not regular basis
Canadian Digital Banking Engineering
Reason for request:
backfill for retiring contractor. Needs a backfill asap
Story Behind the Need
Project Summary: Omni channel platform leveraged across all business lines and countries universal that offers authenticated and non-authenticated personalized experience
Candidate Value Proposition –
– This is an ongoing position in the team
– If they perform well, we will continue to retain them, high possibility to convert to FTE
– This role is dominantly based on this team only.
– Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
– Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers
– Prepares cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize
on improvement opportunities Supports one or more highly complex business processes
– Works on multiple projects as a project team member
– Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
– Provide estimates for the incoming projects at both high level and detailed level requirements for small to medium sized projects
– Facilitate requirements gathering and design sessions with multiple stakeholders to extract requirements, and turning them into use cases, user stories, sequence diagrams, cheat sheets, etc, whatever
is suitable – to meet development and stakeholder needs
– Have a strong technical background with an understanding of technical systems to bridge the gap between business and IT, ensuring common understanding and IT/Business alignment of both
functional (for business needs) and non-functional requirements (reporting, performance, interfaces, constraints, etc.)
– Facilitate problem-solving discussions and general communications between the business and IT and within IT itself
– Help improve and drive our engineering practices by providing valuable inputs and suggestions as to what works well and what can be done better
– Contribute to a collaborative team environment by information sharing and team cooperation
– Demonstrate strong personal values and a commitment to our mission and customers
– Ability to create business solutions that increase competitive advantage
– Ability to exercise good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
– Ability to solve technical problems/ processes and understand complex details
– Ability to increase operating efficiency with produce high quality technical solutions
Qualifications/ Must have skills:
- 3- 4+ years of experience involving in progressively more challenging responsibilities as a Business Systems Analyst in IT system solution development. You are also an agile and lean evangelist.
- Excellent Communication skills is required for this role.
- 3- 4+ Basic knowledge of programming languages in order to comprehend reading code and basic functions
- Technical background with an understanding of technical systems to bridge the gap between business and IT, ensuring common understanding and IT/Business alignment of both functional (for business needs) and non-functional requirements (reporting, performance, interfaces, constraints, etc.) End to End architectural understanding of the project.
- 3-4+ years of past experience creating, refining and maintaining EPICs & user stories and associated deliverables such as process flow to meet development and stakeholder needs
- Project management skills in order to handle diverse projects, often times simultaneously, and meet aggressive deadlines
- 3-4 years of past experience analyzing business requirements, and ensuring consistent and accurate translation of requirements through all SDLC phases
- Facilitate requirements gathering and design sessions with multiple stakeholders to extract requirements, and turning them into use cases, user stories, sequence diagrams, cheat sheets, etc, whatever is suitable – to meet development and stakeholder needs
- 3-4+ years of past experience functioning as a BSA in an Agile experience
- Previous banking experience
- Ability to create presentation decks – big asset
- Ideally, you have an Engineering or Computer Science degree, and pride yourself on analysis, logical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
First Round Technical -1 hour with team members from digital factory Second Round- with the Hiring manager 30-45 Minutes