Role: Business System Analyst
Contract Duration: 3 months with possibility for extension or conversion to FTE based on funding & performance
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Information Technology and Solutions is seeking a Business Solutions Expert (AML Project Intake & Audit) to provide an overview for multiple AML projects. The Business Solutions Expert is a senior technical contributor with expertise in intake processes. The BSE will interface with all levels of the business to understand current project intake processes and will partner with them to create and manage a centralized project intake process to streamline how we manage our program portfolio from the initiation phase.
The BSE provides support to teams to plan, assess and design the intake process for projects. The BSE assists with structuring and executing analysis, creating and presenting reports with insights drawn from the analysis, assisting and organizing implementation activities as well as acting as a conduit and liaison between the project team and the AML Project Controls Office.
The BSE will manage the audit and items within TAMLO and will work with audit owners to ensure that the management resolution date (MRD) and the Expected Issue Resolution Date (EIRD) are meet.
The BSE will also manage the IT Risk Dashboard and KPI’s ensuring that the data sources (e.g. EPM) the KPIs are based, are accurate and up to date. This will require working collaboratively with a number of KPI’s owners and application owners.
• Reason for request: Workload/Project
Candidate Value Proposition
The successful candidate will have the chance to build multiple new processes from scratch, giving them a greater opportunity for growth, while also working with a fun and welcoming team in a fast paced environment.
Typical Day in Role
• Continued development and operationalization of the AML Project Controls Office intake, Audit management and management of IT Risk dashboard
• Working with business partners, finance and LOBs Audit champions to report and maintain progress of LOB audit items
• Liaising with partners internal and external to PMO to devise, track, maintain and update reports for management such as:
– AML fiscal project list, inflight and planned projects
• Working with large data sets and extracting useful recommendations and conclusions
• Understands the business from several points of view and aligns IT&S processes to address critical information and requirements.
• Performs complex project and data analysis as needed by Management
• Develops and maintains detailed intake information for all TAMLO projects
• Ensures all Service Level Agreements are met for the Intake Work Form and Financial Monthly and Quarterly reports
• Participates in the annual planning and review sessions to provide insights for setting the priority of the projects, budgets and resource capacity versus demand to deliver the portfolio for all current and annually fiscal forecasted work
• Develops and implements key metrics to measure and report on the progress of initiatives
• Identifies trends and process improvement opportunities and efficiencies across the TAMLO Project Controls Office
• Provides timely and accurate updates to the Director Project Controls, Program Manager and/or Portfolio Director as requested
• Partners with the Enterprise Program Management Office to develop and execute a plan to improve business processes as it relates to dashboard reporting controls
• Builds relationships with the program team and stakeholders to drive the best practice dashboard reporting across the organization
• Leverages strong written and verbal communication skills to deliver reports and presentations to management
• Provides assistance with other projects when needed
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Overall 5+ years of experience as BSA
2) 5+ years of IT and Business Industry work experience, which includes managing teams (at least 5 members) and large scale projects ($20MM-$30MM/year, Canadian/International projects or projects with multiple work streams including ambiguity)
3) Prior experience working in FI/Banking, Fin-Tech or Telecom Industry
4) Expertise in project management disciplines/protocols (guiding others how to move forward) – 5+ years
5) Strong understanding of business or complex processes and their downstream impact
6) Strong relationship management and communication skills (verbal/written)
– AML experience
– CA PPM experience
– Agile experience
– PMP or PMI Certified
Degrees or certifications:
– Relevant and recognized degree preferably in Business or Project Management.
Candidate Review & Selection
• 1 Step Process: 1 in-person interview with Hiring Manager
– Experience Managing matrix organizations
– Work well with others and influence them to get things done
– Relationship management and communication skills are extremely important
– Candidates should understand, for example if there’s a fixed set of money and set amount of work, they must be able to manage this to ensure any changes made during the process don’t affect other business and stakeholders negatively-
– Candidate should have expertise in very complex business and technical processes and their implications across the enterprise – for example, understanding how changing a field in CA PPM can affect the IT side; understand implications from end to end