Business Project Manager
Location Address: WFH- Toronto
Contract Duration: 1 year
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 7.5 hours
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Regulatory Initiatives
Project: The Client Life Cycle Management Fund Project Manager will be responsible for collaboratively partnering with the Data Governance Office, relevant Business and Technology Stakeholder Groups to help identify & document changes to the existing business processes, directives and procedures, data quality and governance standards of the Customer data program.
Candidate Value Proposition: The candidate will have the opportunity to work on the largest client data project that our banking client has undertaken and be working daily with a cross functional team. The individual will be empowered to make decision on their own, and work with minimal supervision, with the opportunity to be extended for up to two years and converted on permanently with good performance.
Typical Day in Role:
– Participate with the team in working with the business lines and internal stakeholders in understanding the client onboarding process (capital markets), AML and derivatives regulatory frameworks, and developing systems and processes to ensure compliance.
– Proven ability and competency with customer data projects, technology integration experience plus understanding of regulatory reporting & customer onboarding (KYC/AML/Fenergo/Credit systems)
– Ensures business line input is provided to bridge the gap between rule requirements and current business line practices
– Work closely with the PMO Project Manager responsible for the delivery of the Fund sub-project of the Client Life Cycle Management
– Assist in the preparation of presentation materials, and progress reports to stakeholders, including senior and executive management
– Attend program meetings, and serve as program secretary when required
– Maintain databases and internal tools used for tracking progress, regulatory developments, and documentation
– Proven ability to work in a team environment and develop and manage relationships and to speak to all levels of the organization.
– Lead end to end delivery planning of assigned project(s) like ideation / interpretation of business needs, business case approval, establish project governance, implementation plan and transition to BAU including budgeting & resourcing.
– Works independently and exercises judgement based on precedents, with guidance in only the most complex situation
– Impacts program design, risk, and delivery across business areas or subfunctions supported
– Manage governance forums as required with primarily business stakeholders, technology partners and other support functions.
– Responsible for interactions with all key stakeholders from business, risk, operations & technology teams including stakeholders in different geographic locations.
– Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
– Able to understand and dissect problems during the project that may have an underlying technical root cause and working with more technically based teams to triage them – demonstrated in recent project work
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 8-10 years of experience with Capital Markets projects and major regulatory projects. Related to client Onboarding; specifically, AML regulation (Canada, US, UK, APAC) and credit knowledge around funds and agency funds, data mastering, data governance standards and best practices, specifically with regards to Customer Data
2) Need to be well versed and understand the different modules and different products (all products, FX, securities financing transactions, derivatives, Loans, etc.)
3) Good technical foundation – able to communicate and understand
4) Experience with documentation – e.g., BRD, FRD, methodology, process mapping, i.e Target operating model
5) Experience of managing senior stakeholders/ running meetings/ preparing presentations
6) Advance knowledge with EXCEL – working with large and complex data, experience with reporting, Visio, MS Projects, PowerPoint (please be sure to list all that they have experience in)
1) Experience of working within change management programs
Soft Skills Required:
– This position requires strong people management skills and the ability to motivate and influence staff members, SMEs in data office, onboarding and technology departments
– Excellent communications skills both verbal and written to work effectively with several different groups
– Financial, accounting, computer literacy, facilitating and collaboration skills – will be working with stakeholders at many levels
– Proven ability to gather evidence and interview stakeholders and business partners; practical experience in conducting in-depth analysis
– Detailed-oriented with proven ability to analyze and document complex systems
– Considerable initiative, creativity and good judgment are necessary
– A high level of energy, commitment and a strong sense of teamwork are needed to succeed in the role
– Comfortable in dealing with ambiguity and matrix-based environment Ability to understand and work with complex environments, data, and systems
– Be able to hit the ground running
– Must be able to work independently
University degree in business, finance, engineering and/or relevant experience
Must have or working towards their PMP Certification
Candidate Review & Selection
1-2 Video Interviews
Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP