Location Address: WFH – Toronto
Contract Duration: 1 year (Possibility for extension or Convert to FTE)
Story Behind the Need:
Business group: Part of the financial crimes risk management group. The Office supports the large project portfolio for AML initiatives within bank.
Project: They are looking for a very senior Business Project Manager. This position will report to the Director, to help define, implement and manage over $10M of enhancement requests from many stakeholder groups through a new Change Advisory process, including centralized prioritization; assessment for applicable business/technology/operations impacts; required Business Line/CAMLO/Technology/Operations approvals; and development and implementation scheduling.
Candidate Value Proposition: The candidate will have the opportunity to be in a lead position liaising with a variety of internal stakeholder groups. They will engage with Technology PM’s, other lines of businesses and product owners. This is a brand-new position within the bank where they will have the opportunity to set the stage. This is not just a standard PM position; it will include complexity and a fair bit of creativity.
Typical Day in Role:
• They will be focusing on enhancement requests that come in from different product owners that need to be centrally controlled.
• The candidate requires senior-level AML, Banking, Project Management and excellent communications skills and experience to manage a large and complex project with multiple stakeholders, and regulatory driven timelines
• The position will lead and/or collaborate with business product owners, technology project managers and operations leads.
• Responsibilities include all aspects of project management, including idea generation/prioritization; estimation and scheduling; financial management/reporting; change management; dependency management; risk/issue management and escalation; delivery and implementation oversight; status and governance reporting.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. 10 + AML background in banking
2. 10 + years of project management experience
3. Familiar with AML programs (Transaction monitoring/ Name screening, Payment screening)
4. MS Office – (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
1. Exposure to bank – how project financials work
2. PMP certification
• Excellent communication skills – written and oral
• Must be proactive
• Works well in a complex dynamic environment with lots of people
Degrees or certifications:
• University degree
• PMP certification – nice to have
• ACAMS – nice to have