Location Address: Toronto – WFH until further notice (will be hybrid work model)
Contract Duration: 10/04/2021 to 04/03/2022 – 6 months + potential for extension additional 6 months
Story Behind the Need:
Business group: Support the business objectives and deliver all projects related to international work management across all jurisdictions that bank supports.
Project: Multiple project support – projects Managing 1-5 projects at once (various small and large transformational projects).
Candidate Value Proposition: Working in an International department, having experience/exposure with other jurisdictions. Starting a Transformation journey at bank to make a change, the work that will be done will make a big change in the business. Strategic type of role, delivering strategic project that will impact the bottom line of the business line.
Typical Day in Role:
-Execute, map and document each project, with the Product Owners, to manage investments and costs associated to the execution of the programs. Strategic-to-tactical approach mindset.
-Effectively and proactively manage financials. Prepare funding requests & business cases in line with Finance and enterprise delivery guidelines. Manage business case process associated with key initiatives.
-Provide program management leadership and senior executive communication for strategic initiatives for assigned initiatives. This includes leading steering committee meetings, inclusion of Wealth content in bank or divisional communications and tracking of expenditures against budget. Ensure risks are mitigated and that teams are unblocked and can effectively complete their work.
-Work closely with Product Owners, business teams and other stakeholders globally to ensure momentum on deliverables & milestones. Thoroughly understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
-Report status and ensure alignment between many stakeholders across multiple areas of the bank and manage all aspects of the budget, schedule, risks, issues, reporting and governance of projects
-Manage and ensure the successful delivery of complex programs involving multiple teams from different groups across the bank, as well as external vendors when required. Integrate inputs from many stakeholders to establish and manage a consolidated scope, schedule and budget for the program.
-Track and manage project risks, issues, action items and key decisions across the program. Risk tracking, managing funding (OP) including budget forecasting, accruals and reconciliation. Enterprise Delivery Framework compliance, as required.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Fluent in Spanish and English
2) 7 years’ minimum – Project Management and Financial Project Experience in the Financial Industry – managing multiple projects at once ($500k). Managing Business projects and Transformational projects – in digital and technology
3) Excellent Communication Skills – Verbal and Written, high visibility project with stakeholders.
1) PMP Certified
2) Experience with top 5 consulting firms
3) Wealth Management Experience
4) Understanding of the regulatory environment
5) Experience dealing with Asset management projects – mutual funds experience
6) Business projects that drive revenue growth
7) Risk related projects
Soft Skills Required:
2) Adaptable to changing priorities, keep motivated in challenging environments
3) Independent – take responsibility
Degrees: Bachelor's degree Business, finance, or related experience