Job Title: Business Analyst – Trading Desk
Location Address: Toronto – WFH for now
Contract Duration: 1 year contract – possibility extension
The Group is responsible for implementing regulatory changes and managing large regulatory & business initiatives.
Project: FRTB Initiative – Regional Regulatory Reporting Requirement – published set of rules by regulators, all the trading activities for a Financial Institution have to be met. Rules around documentations, desk structure for trading business, policy procedures, process improvement, changes to ensure requirement are met. Largely Qualitative in nature.
Reason for request: Project Work – Require documentation specialist for FRTB initiative. Project is expected to last until end-2022 or possibly mid-2023.
Candidate Value Proposition: Gaining experience around rapidly/relevant around market regulations. Exposure to new and evolving regulations that have impact on a global. Developing advanced knowledge of trading operations – trading desk, how they work, how they function, what they do.
Typical Day in Role:
– Daily meetings, organizing meetings – meeting minutes, notes, detail records of meetings. Organizing meetings with lots of different people, risk management, accounting, front office, trading, technology, detailed notes is a must – leading the meeting with a clear objective.
– Listening to concerns, requirements, documenting, proposing solutions and moving forward. A lot of interaction with various groups. Once all those meetings have been completed, execution will come into play.
– Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align policy, documentation, operational and technology solutions with business strategies.
– Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to compliance documentation and ensures satisfaction with regulatory framework and internal risk.
– Prepares cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities.
– Supports one or more highly complex business processes
– Works on multiple projects as a project team member
– Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
– Responsibilities include scoping requirements, assessing existing documentation for suitability with regulatory requirements, identifying gaps between existing documentation and requirements as published by various regulators, work closely with compliance, internal audit, internal control, business lines and regulatory initiatives.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5 + years' experience with a Trading Desk, focused on documentation and policy / procedures, compliance, implementing new processes.
2) 3 + General Knowledge of Capital Markets Experience – understanding futures, options, swaps, bonds – understanding capital markets products and instruments.
3) 1-year experience in FRTB Desk Documentation and Process Requirement – qualitative nature
4) Excellent Communication Skills – Verbal and Written
1) Preferable experience with Volker requirements
2) Courses on law around documentation
3) CFA certification
Degrees: Bachelor's Degree working towards MBA/CFA – business, administration, finance.