Business Analyst Specialist
Typical Day in Role
• Successful candidate will be responsible for the effective analysis, design, and delivery of high quality solutions that meet the business needs. Responsible for documenting requirements, analysis and design changes.
• Work with diverse set of technologies to implement new systems, or enhancing existing implementations, and ensure sound integration with surrounding components from end to end operational perspective.
• Proactively partner with business line representatives to drive improved technology solutions that support the business strategy.
• Monitor the application and provide support to business queries and concerns as it relates to projects.
• Collaborates with other groups, primarily TFRM (trade floor risk management).
• Coordinate and work with developers, architects, business analysts, infrastructure and change management groups to deliver project goals, and support vendor, and identify opportunities for process and system improvements
• Transfer knowledge to peers and foster a culture learning in becoming subject matter experts within your domain
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• At least 8+ years of relevant IT and business industry work experience as a BA/BSA
• Strong experience in project executions, agile practice for large scale software
• 2+ years’ experience in market risk management and valuation is essential to ability to support project work
– strong knowledge of products and inputs, as well as understanding of how valuation and market risk works is required
– Modelling experience is not required
• Good understanding of Capital markets and financial instruments (interest rate and equities preferred)
• Ability to write intermediate SQL queries
• Basic Linux experience (knowledge of a couple of commands, ability to navigate)
• Python experience is an asset
• Tableau experience is an asset
• Willingness to learn new skills, technologies (eg. Tableau) and build market risk experience
• Ability to create and communicate business solutions that meet the clients’ needs
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree related field required
• CFA or FRM designation is an asset