Business Analyst Specialist- Capital Markets
Typical Day in Role
• Successful candidate will be responsible for the effective analysis, design, and delivery of high quality solutions that meet the business needs. Responsible for documenting requirements, analysis and design changes.
• Work with diverse set of technologies to implement new systems, or enhancing existing implementations, and ensure sound integration with surrounding components from end to end operational perspective.
• Proactively partner with business line representatives to drive improved technology solutions that support the business strategy.
• Monitor the application and provide support to business queries and concerns.
• Collaborates with other groups, primarily TFRM (trade floor risk management).
• Coordinate and work with developers, architects, business analysts, infrastructure and change management groups to deliver project goals, and support vendor, and identify opportunities for process and system improvements
• Work independently on various projects
• Transfer knowledge to peers and foster a culture learning in becoming subject matter experts within your domain
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 10+ years of relevant IT and business industry work experience as a BA/BSA
2) Ability to read and write intermediate SQL queries, as well as basic Linux experience
3) 3+ years of recent working experience in risk management is essential for the ability to support project work.
4) Good understanding of Capital markets and financial instruments.
• Market risk exposure is an asset
• Tableau experience is an asset
• Jira, Confluence, and SharePoint experience is an asset
•Strong experience in project executions, agile practice for large scale software
• Verbal and written communication
• Ability to draft business requirements related to existing business solutions
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree related field required
• CFA or FRM designation is an asset