Business Analyst – Regulatory
Location Address: WFH – Office: Toronto
Contract Duration: 3 Months
Number of Positions: 1
Scheduled Hours: 9am-5pm
Extension/FTE: Possibility, depending on performance
Story Behind the Need:
• The Regulatory Reporting team in Global Finance is looking for a Business Analyst to interpret regulatory reporting requirements of the Return of Geographic Distribution of Assets and Liabilities Booked in Canada (GQ) and Booked outside Canada (GR) published by the Bank of Canada; perform data requirement analysis and prepare business requirement to Technology Group as part of automation initiative.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within one of the largest banks in Canada. They will working within a cross functional project and have the ability to collaborate with different business units within the bank.
Typical Day in Role:
• Act as Business Analyst on behalf of Global Finance (business) to define and document business requirements for returns under automation
• Review current GQ/GR guidelines published by the Bank of Canada, and procedure document on existing process
• Review upcoming regulatory changes effective in Calendar Year 2022, interpret new reporting requirements and understand the impact to existing process
• Work with Technology Team to identify new data sources, engage potential data providers to analyze the accuracy/completeness of data sources, document business requirements including mapping data to the return as per regulator’s requirements
• This could involve identifying opportunities to redesign the system for preparing GQ/GR, such as rebuilding the business logic, propose improvements to the existing process etc.
• Participate in User Acceptance Testing and Parallel Run using the redesigned process/system
• Work with Technology Team to troubleshoot issues and recommend solutions
• Post implementation support activities
• Other services as may be agreed to by the parties
• Identify opportunities to improve processes and drive efficiencies, as well as enhancing internal controls.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1) 4-6 years of experience in interpreting requirements of regulatory returns based on published guidelines and independently preparing and filing regulatory returns to the Bank of Canada.
2) 3-5 years of experience working with cross-functional departments such as Risk Management, Finance, Technology, Back Offices, preferably in financial institutions industry
3) Working knowledge of EGL/OBI /Smartview Essbase, AXIOM, CDS, JIRA.
4) Strong excel skills
5) Ability to understand controls in and around systems, ensuring changes implemented maintain or strengthen control environment.
• Strong Asset: Knowledge/experience in the Return of Geographic Distribution of Assets and Liabilities (GDAL) – Booked In Canada (GQ) and Booked Outside Canada (GR), including an understanding of upcoming regulatory changes effective in Calendar Year 2022
• Accounting designation
• Knowledge and experience on business analysis and data governance
• High levels of analytical, conceptual, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Must be able to work independently and supervise junior staff.
• Good team building skills, working with diverse groups to resolve issues and identify efficiencies.
• Solid communication skills (written & oral) and interpersonal skills with a strong ability to establish relationships with internal customers, as well as senior management.
• Ability to work in a project environment as required, with key deliverables and ensuring requirements of department are represented.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
Candidate Review & Selection
• 1 round interview – hiring manager and colleague (30-45 mins)