Business Analyst – Regulatory/Compliance
Location Address: Toronto
Contract Duration: ASAP to end of October + good chance of extension
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Employee and Issuer Control Room, part of the GWRT Compliance group is a global program that supports Singapore, UK, US and Canada markets. As a mandate, they oversee two modules around managing deals and monitoring employee trading to comply with the bank and global regulatory bodies.
• Project: The team is implementing a new third party application on-prem and requires additional support.
• Reason for request: Project – EIP Trade Surveillance Against Watch List – Backfill
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to engage with multiple business lines Globally, while utilizing new technology (i.e. Angular, Redis, Elastic Search, Kafka). Opportunity to work on multiple work assignments such as integrations for control room and integrations for trade surveillance.
Typical Day in Role
• Support the implementation of technology solution for firm conflicts, employee trading monitoring programs, and trade surveillance on insider dealings
• Contribute to the planning, coordinating, management, implementation and evaluation of process improvement initiatives and other projects that relate to Employee & Issuer Conflicts Management programs.
• Participate in the systems implementation process by defining business requirements and processes, developing test strategies and test cases, performing testing, defining user procedures and workflows, developing conversion and implementation strategies, verifying conversion, providing user documentation, providing user training, and providing post-implementation support.
• Partnering with Development to ensure system requirements are realized while following standards and methodologies
• Liaison with upstream and downstream system owners to understand the format and semantic content of data
• Formulate system scope and objectives, and validate the development requirements, testing, training and implementation of application(s)
• Preparation of technical specifications and documentation for all the business requirements
• Ensure the timely and accurate completion of deliverables through:
o Participation in the production of implementation strategies
o Creation of procedural documents to support users (guidelines, job aid etc.)
o Presentation of proposed changes to applicable audiences
o Assistance in conducting post implementation reviews
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years in Business Analyst experience within banking with recent experience in Regulatory and Compliance projects
• Must have 5+ years of technical experience in supporting applications using technologies such as SQL/Java/Python
• Excellent communication skills to be able to take oral and written business requirements and translate them to technology solutions
• Solid Knowledge and some professional experience in Capital Markets Products, Trade Surveillance, Control Room, Conflicts of Interest, Information Barriers and Employee Trading Programs is required (open role is focused on Trade Surveillance)
• Java programming skills is a plus
• Possess a very good understanding of current IT practices, systems development techniques especially requirements specification and testing methodologies and keep current with rapidly changing technology
Best vs Average: A good candidate will be a seasoned BA who is able to refer to past projects in interview to demonstrate transferable skills or knowledge. A successful candidate will not need hand holding and will be able to use their current BA experience to pick up on assignments quickly and take ownership of their work. Needs to take initiative while doing the integration and learn about the system so that they understand how their work interacts with the system and understand the business needs.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as Math, Finance, Computer science, Computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• One Teams panel interview
• Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP
– Working with a lot of data, scripting with Oracle based technology is used to help analyze the regular data being fed through
– The hiring manager is not looking for someone who can mentor other BAs – but need someone who has experience and need someone to hit the ground running; limited with time and need someone who already has the experience*