Requisition Title: Business Analyst / QA – Level 3
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: 3 months
Our public sector client is looking for a Business Analyst / QA – Level 3 for ORBIT Reporting Modernization project
- ORBIT corporate reporting is used extensively for management reporting, fiscal plan rollups, and internal briefings, and is based on legacy versions of Oracle Essbase / Dodeca running on Windows 2003 in Kingston Data Centre (KDC).
- Windows 2003 is the Operating System which hosts the existing corporate reporting datastore. Support for Microsoft Windows 2003 ended globally in July 2018; no service packs or patches are available. This has introduced considerable risk – if security issues cannot be remediated locally, the service will be subject to removal from the OPS network as per CSB policy.
- Providing a stable, modern, expandable reporting data warehouse capable of meeting current and future needs is a foundational component to ORBIT reporting modernization.
- A modern reporting data warehouse can be used in conjunction with any front-end reporting tool and will be used to inform an assessment in the selection of a reporting platform.
- This phase of work is a critical step to modernizing and remediating the technology risks associated with the existing ORBIT reporting application
The Senior Business Analyst will work closely with the Business Team, Business Architect, Systems Architect, Solution Architect, Development Team and Project Manager to ensure completeness of requirements to develop an enterprise Financial Data Warehouse capable of full-filling business expectations. The Sr. Business Analyst will need to understand how business requirements impact the Data Warehouse strategy, prioritization, and translate into technical requirements. The Sr. Business Analyst will collaborate with the client to establish test plans and validate data, structures, sources though reporting functions. The Sr. Business Analyst will also be responsible prepare documentation necessary for implementation.
1. Candidate should have 10+ years’ experience in business analysis and modeling with at least 5+ years experience in Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence projects.
2. 10+ years’ experience in applying business modeling techniques/tools in a way that the
developed artifacts can be reused and leveraged for multiple projects
3. Experience with the following:
- Experience with Business Intelligence / OLAP / Analytical tools
- Developing Test Strategy / Test Plans / Test Cases
- Leading QA / UAT / Testing Activities Report Design, report testing in ETL
- SQL scripting to perform Data Validations
- Performance Testing
- Documenting Test Results
- Experience with OBIEE, Microsoft Power BI, Cognos reporting environment a plus
- Experience with Microsoft DevOps or VSTS
5. Experience in structured, object oriented and agile methodologies for users-requirements
elicitation and the development of specifications
6. Experience in UML (Unified Modeling Language)
7. Experience in the use of Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools to document
conceptual requirements and scope (e.g., Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect CASE tool)
8. Proven ability to support the client in development of presentation materials, briefing notes,
etc. related to the project.
9. Ensure that the artifacts are aligned with the enterprise architecture standards and
principles (i.e., GO-ITS 56)
10. Understanding of OPS Budget cycle