Job Title: Business Analyst – Pensions Benefits
Location Address: WFH (Toronto when BCP Lifted)
Contract Duration: 1 year
The group is in search of a strong Business Analyst to provide support and insight into the Benefits and Pensions space.
Typical Day in the Role
• Provide highly specialized technical leadership in the analysis, design, development, configuration and support of cost effective, online HR management and decision support systems.
• The incumbent is responsible for the resolution of complex business problems and must work under tight deadlines, conflicting priorities and changing project requirements. This includes managing multiple small projects, participating in and/or managing specific sections of large projects, and providing ongoing support to all assigned units worldwide (utilizing Agile methodologies where applicable).
• Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex business problems. Includes analyzing business and user needs, documenting requirements and translating them into systems requirement specifications.
1. Independently resolve complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs, by applying their HR and technological knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions. This includes conducting research and analysis, accurately and clearly defining user requirements and processes, participating in the reengineering of the HR business process work flows and liaising with the users.
2. Manage multiple small HR technology projects and/or manage specific sections of large projects to implement technology solutions to HR business problems. This involves planning and scheduling resources, developing detailed project plans, monitoring progress against planned objectives and securing consensus and co-operation from users and senior management.
3. Participate in the systems implementation process by interpreting business requirements into technical specifications, systems analysis, documenting detailed reporting requirements, configuration of HR vendor software, ensuring integration with existing related HR systems, developing test strategies and test cases, performing testing, defining user procedures and workflows, developing conversion and implementation strategies, verifying conversion, providing user documentation, providing user training, and providing post-implementation support.
4. Participate in the review of Quality Assurance (QA) test strategies for assigned projects/initiatives to ensure the planned testing is comprehensive and consistent with the business requirements. Support QA testing by analyzing defects to: (i) provide clarification of business requirements; (ii) provide clarification of technical specifications; (iii) define which defects need to be resolved for implementation; and (iv) negotiate the severity classification of defects with the user.
5. Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems including Payroll, Pensions and Benefits Administration, Compensation and Time and Attendance business strategies and policies, industry best practices and methodologies, regulatory requirements, internal bank processes, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the end user business lines.
Must Have skills:
1. 3+ years Business Analysis experience
2. Working knowledge of HR business process, with at least one recent project within Pensions Benefits Space – Focus on Benefits space, working knowledge of Pensions, Benefits (Bucks, Manulife etc.) – will be focused on Pensions Benefits stream
3. Minimum 3 years’ experience in MS Excel and PowerPoint (as a user to present information daily) – Advanced capabilities
A recognized under-graduate degree in business, economics, mathematics, or a related discipline, along with 4 to 6 years of practical experience is required. Support Factors – want a strong BA with augment SAP knowledge (working knowledge) don’t know
Nice to have:
– HR Background is great, but does not necessarily have to be from FI Industry
Interview Process: 1 Teams Interview through Microsoft teams for fit and business knowledge