Business Analyst or PCO
Location Address: Toronto
Contract Duration: 6.5 months
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Global Capital Markets Engineering team is looking for an energetic and result oriented business analyst operational contractor for a 6 month contract in automating the monitoring and tracking of key measures including software currency, ongoing upgrade, EPM quarterly reviews, remediation initiatives and consolidated updates to our Application Portfolio Management tools. Act as reference point for resources onboarding queries by closely collaborating with different stakeholders and an advocate for best practices in administrating and overseeing the resources hiring in GWRT – Global Capital Markets Technology department. Providing regular updates on the resources hiring status – contractors, FTE, open headcount, approvals process to GCMT Leadership and management.
• Reason for request: Automating the monitoring and tracking of key measures including software currency, ongoing upgrade, EPM quarterly reviews, remediation initiatives, and consolidated updates to our Application Portfolio Management tools.
• Person will be part of the leadership group under VP – GWRT Operations – will be working with senior managers, try to identify inefficiencies and streamline into an automated process.
Typical day in Role:
– Working with difference teams for process improvement
– Track and maintain different categories of Resources hiring, Incidents, KPI and reporting to management.
– Maintain all the approvals, different categories of resources hiring tracker on a GCMT SharePoint site, declutter old or missing updates with a refined updates.
– Provide a centralized approach to alleviate the duplicative efforts by each team.
– Communicate with different stakeholders involved in the end to end of resources hiring process.
– Assist in booking VP calendar, meetings and other administrative activities as needed.
– Deliver the assigned project to specs within the projected timelines.
– Continuously expand by leveraging the service across wider department in order to expand the benefits across the group.
– Looking to automate through Jira or through ServiceNow
– Looking to track through Jira dashboard
Must Have skills:
1. 5+ years’ relevant experience as a BA, project control officer, or working in operations management
2. 5+ years’ supporting Jira (dashboard reporting) ServiceNow
3. 5+ years' experience Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Mail, Calendar, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Confluence)
4. (minimum 3 years') Advanced Excel expertise including demonstrated capabilities with pivot tables, Vlookup and formulas to track and report resources management.
• Excellent written and oral communication and collaboration skills are essential.
• Organizational and analytical skills, effective time and priority management.
Nice to have:
– Six Sigma is a plus (someone who has a strong background in workflow)
– FI experience
– Operations or project management experience would be an asset
Degrees or certifications:
• Computer Science degree or equivalent
Best vs Average: This role is more aligned to project control and operation management than generic BAs who work with test QA teams and developers. Detailed with great analytical Skills. Candidate should be able to articulate their approach to problems. Ability to do root cause analysis is required. Ability to understand the requirement itself and understand what is required without hand-holding.
– Role is mostly focused on operational support
– Someone to partner closely with manager and stakeholders to improve processes for onboarding and tracking purposes
– Need someone who can present to senior management and stakeholders and is comfortable making presentations (8 directors / VPs)
– Working closely with teams to understand the workflow
– Need to knowledge of the filters and have support and keep track to maintain working
Candidate Review & Selection
• 2 Step Process: Teams (1 with manager + 1 with senior stakeholders)
• Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP