Business Analyst – Loan IQ
Location Address: Toronto
Contract Duration: ASAP to 10/31/2022
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: GWRT – Global Operations Technology (OU20016299)
• Project: New system that is being implementing: Loan IQ is a corporate lending platform. Looking for resourced to do business as usual support including enhancement and basic BA roles.
• Reason for request: Loan IQ BAU BA Support – Lead Role
Candidate Value Proposition
– The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a growing area within the bank, as the platform replaces to old platform. Compact initiative and exciting opportunity in corporate lending, opportunity to grow portfolio in capital markets. Opportunity to grow.
Typical Day in Role
• Priority BAU activities supporting the current Corporate Lending platform, including business inquiries, enhancements, reporting and other production support requests.
• Ongoing project that the BA would be participating in to replace the legacy platform (ACBS)
• Loan IQ is entering production: needed production support including enhancements and priority requests, reporting, and analytics.
• Communication with developers, business user group, upstream and downstream systems, and software vendors
• Vendor management
• Would be working with Loans for corporate clients (not personal).
• Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers
• Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
• Flexible to multitask on different aspects of the project
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years’ experience working as a BA
o 3+ years within capital markets or banking technology team
• 3+ years’ experience with Corporate/Commercial Lending area, particularly with typical systems like ACBS, Loan IQ, Loantrak, Syndtrak (Loan IQ is preferred)
• Understand technology aspects: architecture, integration, etc:
o Good knowledge/experience in system integration testing and user acceptance testing
o Good understanding of relevant technology concepts used in system integration solutions, e.g. Message Queue, FTP
o Good knowledge/experience with Agile tool/process, e.g. JIRA, Confluence
• Strong SQL: ability to manipulate data and create complex queries is required
• Good knowledge and experience on data analysis and comfortable with relational database
• Business intelligence tools e.g. Power BI/Business Objects/ Cognos
• Works independently
• Works well with team
• Good attitude
• Leadership capabilities
• Analytical mindset with strong problem-solving ability
• Quick learner and can adapt quickly
• Work well with business/technology stakeholder, can communicate well
Best vs Average: Corporate lending and Loan IQ/ACBS/Loantrak/Syndtrak is a requirement for this role. Slightly more senior candidates are preferred. Can adapt quickly and hit the ground running. Motivation is key, as this is an opportunity to be effective and grow for candidates. The best candidate is keen and motivated to perform in this role and is excited to be a part of a growing team. This role takes on leadership responsibilities; leadership competency and ability to manage activities within the team and across teams is appreciated
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a field such as commerce, business, computer science, or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• Structure and Format: Two rounds: first with HM (30 mins), and second with team leads (TBA: likely one hour).
• Available to interview: ASAP
• Loan IQ is used by banks such as BMO and TD, as well as smaller financial institutions such as credit unions