Job Title: Business Analyst – Level 3
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: 6 months
• Capture and analysis of current business processes.
• Development and documentation business process improvements / re-engineering recommendations.
• Development of business cases
Experience and Skill Set Requirements
• Capturing and analyzing current business processes and strategic plans, identifying gaps, and providing tactical and strategic recommendations.
• The creation, management, and coordination of all business architecture documentation and technical requirements and documentation, associated with the introduction and integration of processes to support program delivery and management of program delivery.
• Developing business process improvement / re-engineering plan recommendations.
• Verify that explicit and derived requirements are testable.
• Alignment with OPS and JTS standards.
• Participate in knowledge transfer, including regular consultation with the business leads, the project manager, and other team members.
• Demonstrated experience in business analysis, including understanding, capturing and documenting current business processes and culture, including partner/stakeholder relationships.
• Demonstrated experience in delivery of formal business process improvement and re-engineering recommendations.
• Excellent written and verbal communications, consultative and facilitation skills.
• Demonstrated capability to coordinate and run discovery sessions/interviews.
• Demonstrated ability to translate user needs and requirements into a technical documentation.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Project.
• Excellent Knowledge of Microsoft Visio.
• At least 10 years of experience.
• The successful candidate must have a proven track record as a business analyst to evaluate and capture, and document, current business processes as well as knowledge of business architecture to provide strategic advice
Business Analysis Fundamentals 30
Business Analysis experience at the specified experience level, Knowledge of Zachman Framework including business / information / application / technology / security architectures,Demonstrated experience in creating Business Cases, Business Requirements Documents and other Business Requirements, Working knowledge of system concepts and development methodologies to support business applications, Experience presenting
Business Process Design / Re-engineering 30
Demonstrated experience and skills in Business Architecture and demonstrated experience to provide leadership in the design and development and use of common reusable components, Experience conducting market scans and identifying existing solution options and in GUI design.
Public Sector Experience and Law Enforcement Client Experience 10
Familiarity with Public Sector business processes would be considered an asset. Previous experience with the public sector Enterprise Architecture framework and gating process would also be an asset, Experience with law enforcement business analysis and process re-engineering