Job Posting Title: Business Analyst – Level 3
Location: Toronto, ON – remote for now
Duration: 12 months
Our public sector client is looking for a Business Analyst – Level 3 to lead and conduct business analysis for the NG911 / CTI (Computer Telephony Integration).
911 Central Ambulance Communication Centres (CACC) use telephony systems to answer 911 calls from the public during an emergency as well as with other first responders (such as Fire, police and Ornge) to coordinate response. The current telephony systems are beyond end of life and require immediate replacement. In addition, CRTC at the federal level has mandated all emergency 911 networks to move from analogue to digital by 2020. Our current telephony systems does not have the capability to receive digital 911 calls. Failure to replace the systems will pose a risk to the public, as 911 calls may not be answered which affects public safety of Ontarians.
Provides a comprehensive range of I&IT business analysis services for clients with diverse business and technological needs. Interacts with the business stakeholders and subject matter experts in order to understand their requirements through gathering, documenting, and analyzing business needs and requirements. Prepares and advises on business analysis policies, processes, best practices and standards to promote a comprehensive and consistent business analysis practice within the organization.
• Leads and conducts business analysis in order to assess client’s business problems/opportunities and documents the business requirements in such a way that I&IT solutions can be determined.
• Applies re-engineering concepts to promote business improvements through alternative and cost effective service delivery approaches
• Leads and conducts business analysis at varying levels of detail appropriate to the project and phases of project, aligning with OPS Unified Project Management Methodology, Enterprise Architecture and Gating Process, and OPS Standard Systems Development Methodologies
• Develops strategies, prepares business cases and cost-benefit analysis, and conducts feasibility studies for business I&IT initiatives
• Develops sound processes for requirements gathering including but n o t limited to JAD sessions, interviews, mockups, etc.
• Conducts business modeling; use case modeling; conceptual and logical data modeling; process and data flow modeling; use case surveys; business rules definition and non-functional requirements definitions for assigned projects
• Monitors progress, resolves problems and reports regularly to I&IT management and stakeholders
• Develops performance measures and traceability matrices for business analysis evaluation and conducts follow-up
• Experience developing strategies, preparing business cases and cost-benefit analysis
• Experience conducting requirements gathering, developing documentation, including presentations and briefing notes and conducting stakeholder engagement
• Experience in the use of Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools to document conceptual requirements and scope
• Awareness of emerging I&IT trends and technologies
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills; verbal and written
communication skills; interpersonal and negotiation skills
• A team player with a track record for meeting deadlines
• Experience in the use of information retrieval packages
• Knowledge and understanding of Information Management principles, concepts, policies and practices
• Ability to translate business and data requirements into specifications sufficient for designing appropriate technology solutions
• Experience with a wide range of methods, tools and techniques for business analysis such as: business functional modelling, business event modelling, business process mapping
• Experience in structured, object oriented and agile methodologies for user requirements
• Experience developing performance measures for business analysis evaluation and subsequent follow-up
• Knowledge and understanding of Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) and related regulations and standards