Job Posting Title: Business Analyst – Level 3
Duration: 4 months
Location: Toronto, ON
Our public sector client
is seeking the services of one (1) Business Analyst, Level 3, to work as part of the Project Management & Program Delivery project team in collaboration with the core project team, solution delivery vendor(s) and other stakeholders as required.
- Provide support during the design, implementation and testing phases of the project.
- Report progress of assignment on a regular basis to Project Management, raise any issue and concerns and propose mitigation strategies.
- Lead and/or participate in teams developing solutions within MTO's Transportation Safety (TS) Division.
- Conduct feasibility analysis, project scoping and provide project work estimates.
- Conduct Joint Requirements Planning and Joint Application Design sessions.
- Analyze and map processes / data for current state and future state.
- Requirements development involving requirements elicitation, elaboration, analysis, specification and validation.
- Use of ministry mandated requirement management tools and templates for requirements
- Review and feedback of technical design documents.
- Conduct and/or participate in walkthroughs at each project milestone.
- Knowledge transfer to TS and I&IT Cluster at all stages of the assignment.
- Report status to, and follow overall direction from the Project Manager and/or Lead Business Analyst.
The Deliverables include (but are not limited to):
- Business Cases and Request for Bids
- Business requirements / rules
- Business process models
- System Requirements specifications
- Business / Data Glossary
- Business and System use cases
- User epics, stories and themes / Product backlog and sprint plans
- Data requirements / models (conceptual / logical)
- Functional and Non-functional requirements
- Requirements Traceability Matrices
- User Interface specifications, low and high fidelity prototypes
- Report specifications
- Test plan/strategies, test cases
- Risks and Issues
- Status reports
- Work plans, e.g. requirements management plan
- Artefacts/documents required for enterprise architecture development from a business needs point-of-view (contextual and conceptual), as required for the Architecture Governance Point review process
- Other artefacts as determined by the project
Support to Development and Test teams in following areas (but are not limited to):
- Building and testing support to development team
- Reviewing test strategy, test plan and cases
- Management of defect logs
- Testing Applications
- Supporting end-user inquiries
- Defining the integration test plan
- Defining the user acceptance test plan
- Identification and resolution of problems/issues
- Document and manage risks and liaise with other project teams to coordinate project interdependencies.
- Documentation of all artefacts in a shared project library
Skill Set Requirements
- Knowledge with Solutions Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and structured methodologies including agile, waterfall and iterative
- Demonstrable experience with Business Object Oriented Modeling, UML tools and techniques.
- Demonstrable skills and experience with documenting deliverables outlined in Deliverables section
- Work Experience in investigating, analyzing, estimating system applications in a large integrated mainframe and mid-tier environment
- Proven experience with all stages of automated system implementation in complex mainframe, with online and batch transactions
- Proven experience with sprint facilitation, interpretation of business needs to technical requirements, facilitation of project meetings for reviews
- Experience with the Public Sector architecture.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Public Sector applications, databases and systems; demonstrated experience working with legacy infrastructure hosting environments such as mainframe with complex applications; Experience with supporting legacy applications and transformation of legacy solutions using COTS products such as Oracle Siebel
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience working in accordance with policies and procedures of Public Service Sector
- Demonstrable knowledge of Project Management framework in the Public Sector and Architecture Checkpoint requirements
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Experience in conducting feasibility analysis, project scoping and providing project work estimates
- Experience with requirements development involving requirements elicitation, analysis, specification and validation
- Experience with documenting user stories, planning and managing product backlog, planning and managing sprints, and implementing in an iterative manner
- Demonstrated experience in the facilitation of project meetings for reviews
- Experience in reporting progress of assignment(s) on a regular basis to Project Management and raise any issues / concerns and propose mitigation strategies.
- Can work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, collaboration, and negotiation skills to work seamlessly in an agile cross-functional team, with clients, vendor(s) and other stakeholders.
- Excellent facilitation, presentation, time-management and problem-solving skills.
- Able to build strong and trusting relationships while liaising effectively with internal and external stakeholders and solution delivery vendor(s).
- Strong leadership skills to provide advice and guidance on all aspects of user experience and design, assessing user characteristics, needs, goals, and opportunities.
- Creative, innovative, and can think outside the box to visualize solutions that meet business needs.
- Knowledgeable in design thinking, have a user-centric mindset and attention to detail.
- Knowledge and experience with supporting Public Sector Digital First strategies; experience with working with Digital Service standards including formal submissions for assessments as per official digital standards established
- Creative, analytical approach and strong understanding of interaction design principles, including ability and experience to deliver mock-ups using advanced tools
- Able to resolve issues in a timely manner, provide options and recommendations.
- Thrive on feedback and comfortable transforming ideas generated through user research and analysis to create elegant, effective designs for diverse audiences.
- Understand business metrics and able to translate business goals and objectives into digital experiences.
- Able to prioritize change requests from clients and guide the team in determining how best to address them.
- Knowledge to ensure compliance with requirements for accessibility and user centric design including Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and Simpler, Better, Faster Services Act
- Strong research skills to perform industry research, provide options and make recommendations for solution improvements.