Job Title: Business Analyst- Junior- Job ID: 29513-1
Duration: 6 months
• Conducting account reconciliations or/and performing the review of reconciliations
• Perform internal control testing
Support integration and testing future state processes for upcoming GL application migration
Support in assessing automation of reconciliation using Enterprise tools
Develop or enhance controls or processes in order to mitigate operational or financial risk
Manage or lead specific projects or deliverables that align to the organizational objectives
• Day-to-day business process and systems support. Point of escalation for timely analysis, prioritization, resolution and/or escalation of production problems, with due consideration to timing, deadlines and system/process dependencies.
• Explore systems processes, functionalities and set-up components for problem resolution and / or productivity improvements.
• Investigate and resolve system or process corrections and adjustments affecting business processes and effectiveness.
• Perform system administration functions on owned libraries or applications including the management and the set-up of logical access.
• Provide input and analysis into business processes, system functionality and other applications. Participate in the planning, testing and implementation of projects and new/ revised products/ services or processes.
• Prepare and distribute communication.
• Timely resolve operating/ technical problems or manage escalation with other Bank technical support group. Participate in the resolution of problems.
• Act in an advisory capacity, as a subject matter expert (SME), to managers and/ or project team on systems/processes issues resolution or on the implication of proposed business/process decisions related to area.
• Perform data analysis to support evaluation of system defects or to develop requirements for new functionality; triage and troubleshoot complex user-reported system defects; assist in various system trouble shooting and balancing and correction efforts including analysis, verification and validation of issues and fixes.
• Coordinate activities including on-time delivery, testing and production moves.
• Work as a technical support and liaison to designated IT personnel to provide testing, support and feedback on enhancement requests and regular updates/releases; adhere to release schedules.
• Identify potential risk situations/ impacts, and make recommendations or escalate to the manager and/or senior members of the team, as per guidelines.
• Ensure all appropriate authorizations/ approvals are obtained and maintained in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Ensure adherence to all aspects of First Principles, Our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics Corporate Policy, as well as all applicable legislation, regulatory rules and requirements, Bank standards, Policies and Procedures (P&Ps) for such things as conflicts of interest, safeguarding of customer information, trading in securities, anti-money laundering, privacy and disclosure of outside business activities.
• Ensure strict confidentiality is maintained for both customer and Bank information to protect the customer and the Bank and to ensure compliance with Bank P&Ps.
• Provide information for regulatory reporting and audit queries.
• Follow security and safeguarding procedures and apply appropriate due diligence in accordance with Bank policy for the prevention of loss due to fraud or defalcation.
• Perform or assist with the timely and accurately financial and other risk attestation, as required.
• Participate in investigations, interviews and formal/ informal requirements gathering sessions to understand stakeholder needs.
• Recognize discrepancies between business needs and deliverables when reviewing and validating requirements, and communicate discrepancies to stakeholders to ensure they understand and accept discrepancies/ identify the need to change project direction.
• Investigate systems-related problems/ inquiries, and recommend and coordinate solution to address such issues or escalate accordingly as per escalation process and systems practices.
• Perform or act as oversight lead for user acceptance testing (UAT) by developing functional test plans/scripts, user acceptance test plans, testing strategy, scheduling resources and tracking test performance and scenarios from a business and system component to ensure output meets the requirements of the business.
• Prepare and distribute (locally or externally) change management communication & procedures
• Understand and follow a requirements management plan specific to the project so that project team activities and milestones can be measured against the goals of the plan to determine project progress.
• Produce and provide business with weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual performance reports, and ad hoc reports as requested, in a concise and consistent manner, soliciting input from a number of sources both internal and external to the business unit.
• Interacting with their team, and other teams within Procurement mainly with the technology team and vendors. But mainly with the Production team and the financial accounting team.
Must Have Skills:
• University degree/college diploma in an IT related field is mandatory
• 5 to 7 years of accounting business analysis experience, i.e., application/ production support and/or participation in project activities for change management initiatives, including documentation, requirements identification and testing for small- to medium-size projects.
Strong understanding of Accounting principles and Accounts Payable processes
• Strong knowledge of testing strategies, test plans and execution – UAT, regression, etc. – putting fixes through and seeing if they work
• Very Strong Excel skills – macros, Vlooksups, reporting, pivot tables, etc.
• Strong Communication Skills
Nice to Have Skills:
• Knowledge of VBAs
• Previous Procurement or Accounts Payable experience – nice
• Strong understanding of the business’ risk and regulatory requirements – Knowledge of tax requirements – understanding of tax rates and calculations, accounting distributions from invoicing perspective – nice
• Fluent in French
• Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to conduct root cause analysis on system, process or production problems and ability to provide viable solutions.**
• Strong computer literacy, with ability to leverage technology associated with the job.
• Good change management skills
• Strong investigation skills*
• Strong process-writing skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Strong prioritization & organizational skills.*
• Strong teamwork skills, with ability to work effectively with project teams to ensure project objectives are achieved and ability to work with technology groups to ensure production support issues are resolved.
• Presentation skills