Title: Business Analyst- Junior- Job ID: 32167-1
Duration: 6 Months
The Senior Analyst, Portfolio & IT Control supports the Senior Manager in the process of maintaining key financial portfolio reporting processes, as well as participates in the planning, development, and submission of quarterly financial plan deliverables in line with internal quality expectations and industry best practices. The role supports operational financial reporting as well as data driven analytics.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
• Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets.
• Interprets data, analyzes results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports. Supports the production (writing, editing) and coordination of key inputs into Finance Technology portfolio reporting, i.e. Finance quarterly Tracker, Investment Oversight Committee materials, CIO portfolio dashboard, monthly LTO dashboard to Business Executives.
• Analyzes data and creates documents and plans in service of informing, advising, or updating stakeholders
• Develops and implements data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
• Coordinates in the preparation of end-user materials, i.e Fast 5 videos
• Conduct internal control reviews across Finance Technology and identify control deficiencies
• Identify, track and escalation of deficiencies identified during the review process and submit review report providing details of finding(s).
• Provide value-add recommendations to reduce or mitigate the potential of risks.
• Assist business units with the development of action plans (s) to close gaps identified during control reviews
• Manage and resolve day-to-day issues related to internal controls with business partners
• Ensure escalation process is followed and escalate to the next level issues that are not being resolved in a timely matter
• Develop and implement process enhancements to improve the reporting and process efficiency of control governance and escalation process
• Conduct periodic testing of the business unit Management Control Assessment & SOX Controls
• Responsible for completion of unit’s quarterly Risk Control Self-Assessment and coordinate Attestations
• Keep current with Corporate Standards and Practices related to audits and reviews
• Provide ongoing support to the continuous improvement process of the unit
• Coordinate within team to pull evidences for Corp Audit reviews
• Support the Business Management team to coordinate Business Continuity Planning, Application Portfolio Costing, social events, town halls, etc.
TOP SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
•3- 5 years of related experience, preferably in accounting / operations finance functions
• Preferably with CMA designation
•Understands complete Software Development Life Cycle and can apply the applicable portions of the ‘Feasibility,’ ‘Requirements,” and ‘Analysis’ phases.
•Strong Excel technical proficiency (i.e. SUMIF() and INDEX() functions, use of pivot tables) required
•Strong written and oral communication skills to effectively interact with non-financial stakeholders, including ability to synthesize complex and voluminous information
•Possesses analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
•Possesses the ability to create/contribute to tactical and strategic vision.
•Demonstrates applied knowledge of one or more analysis and problem decomposition techniques
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrates writing and documentation skills
• Ability to manage multiple assignments, requests and prioritize work while meeting deadlines and department goals
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
• Knowledge of VBA and advanced data modelling techniques an asset
• Working knowledge of Power BI is an asset.
• University degree/college diploma or equivalent work experience