Job Title: Business Analyst – Intermediate
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: 12 months
The Resource will Identify the specific Key Performance Indicators for ITS Software Lifecycle Management and congregate corresponding data into one live-data dashboard for ITS Executives & OPS Clusters.
- Provides a comprehensive range of I&IT business analysis services for clients with diverse business and technological needs.
- Interacts with the business stakeholders and subject matter experts in order to understand their requirements through gathering, documenting, and analyzing business needs and requirements.
- Prepares and advises on business analysis policies, processes, best practices and standards to promote a comprehensive and consistent business analysis practice within the organization.
- Leads and conducts business analysis in order to assess client’s business problems/opportunities and documents the business requirements in such a way that I&IT solutions can be determined
- Applies re-engineering concepts to promote business improvements through alternative and cost effective service delivery approaches
- Leads and conducts business analysis at varying levels of detail appropriate to the project and phases of project, aligning with OPS Unified Project Management Methodology, Enterprise Architecture and Gating Process, and OPS Standard Systems Development Methodologies
- Develops strategies, prepares business cases and cost-benefit analysis, and conducts feasibility studies for business I&IT initiatives
- Develops sound processes for requirements gathering including but not limited to JAD sessions, interviews, mockups, etc.
- Conducts business modeling; use case modeling; conceptual and logical data modeling; process and data flow modeling; use case surveys; business rules definition and non-functional requirements definitions for assigned projects
- Monitors progress, resolves problems and reports regularly to I&IT management and stakeholders
- Develops performance measures and traceability matrices for business analysis evaluation and conducts follow-up
- Experience developing strategies, preparing business cases and cost-benefit analysis
- Experience conducting requirements gathering, developing documentation, including presentations and briefing notes and conducting stakeholder engagement
- Experience in the use of Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools to document conceptual requirements and scope
- Awareness of emerging I&IT trends and technologies
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills; verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal and negotiation skills
- A team player with a track record for meeting deadlines
- Experience in the use of information retrieval packages
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Management principles, concepts, policies and practices
- Ability to translate business and data requirements into specifications sufficient for designing appropriate technology solutions
- Experience with a wide range of methods, tools and techniques for business analysis such as: business functional modelling, business event modelling, business process mapping
- Experience in structured, object oriented and agile methodologies for user requirements
- Experience developing performance measures for business analysis evaluation and subsequent follow-up
- Knowledge and understanding of Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) and related regulations and standards
- Provides a comprehensive range of I&IT business analysis services for clients with diverse business and technological needs. Interacts with the business stakeholders and subject matter experts in order to understand their requirements through gathering, documenting, and analyzing business needs and requirements.
- Prepares and advises on business analysis policies, processes, best practices and standards to promote a comprehensive andconsistent business analysis practice within the organization.