Job Duration : 1 year+ contract
Job location : Toronto
Our Telecom client is currently seeking an Intermediate IT Business Analyst Contractor for a 1 year contract with network infrastructure and security experience. This position reports to Senior Manager Technical Architecture and works alongside the IT Project Manager, Architect & Designer. The position requires a self-starter with solid business analyst abilities and excellent documentation skills. The candidate should have the ability to work from a high to low level of detail and have a strong mix of analytical and technical skills.
Working knowledge of data network and technical background highly desired.
- Gather business requirements, identify and define business opportunities and lead the development and implementation of IT solutions that meet business needs.
- Coordinate projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Present and explain proposals, reports and findings to clients.
- Generate or update existing user and technical documentation.
- Create and maintain standards, processes, protocols and compliance activities.
- Technical Experience – Experience with networks, solution or enterprise architecture and data analysis a plus. Past or current experience in programming and data modeling is also a plus
- Working knowledge of information security concepts and technologies such as: least privilege, networking, network segmentation, firewalls, IPSIDS, network analyzers, encryption technologies, proxies, etc.
- Proven practice of PPM or CPDEP methodology (Similar to Waterfall) and/or related PM skills.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities to influence others without direct supervision. Comfortable facilitating meetings, negotiating with vendors and presenting to groups.
- Strong knowledge of computer software, such as MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio etc.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a technical discipline (e.g., engineering) preferred, or technical certifications, or related experience
Minimum of seven years working in Information Technology