Job Title: Business Analyst- Intermediate-Job ID: 32541-1
Duration: 6 months
Consolidates, analyzes and reports on the financial performance of the business/group to support the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close process including financial reporting and financial governance matters. Supports an efficient and effective Accounting function which uses common information sources and practices, reduces ongoing costs and increases service level performance.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
Supports the execution of strategic initiatives; includes tracking metrics and milestones.
• Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
• Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide accounting insights and recommendations.
• Identifies opportunities for alignment with accounting / finance processes and other Bank processes.
• Acts as point of escalation on operational matters and matters falling outside of policy.
• Analyzes financial results in support of financial period close and reporting processes; provides insights and recommendations.
• Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards for assigned legal entity/business/group financial information packages.
• Supports the preparation of journal entries, monthly / quarterly reporting packages and Financial Statements, including tax payments and reconciliations where necessary, in accordance with applicable accounting rules and standards.
• Provides information and supports the process for internal (Corporate and SOX) and external audits.
• Reviews supporting documentation, escalating areas of concern and making amendments as necessary.
• Coordinates and executes specific activities for the implementation of strategic initiatives; includes tracking metrics and milestones.
• Executes routine tasks such as service requests, transactions, queries etc within relevant service level agreements.
• Organizes work information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to deliver on business objectives.
• Develops knowledge related to business/group accounting requirements and standards.
• Focus is primarily on business/group within the company; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
• Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
• Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
TOP SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
• 4-6 years of relevant experience within bank atmosphere • Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
• Completion of accounting designation
Verbal & written communication skills – In-depth.
• Collaboration & team skills – In-depth.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills – In-depth.
• Influence skills – In-depth.
• Data driven decision making – In-depth.
• Bachelor's degree in business management, economics, finance, accounting or relevant field required.