Job Title: Business Analyst – Finance/Treasury
Location: WFH – Toronto, ON
Duration: 12 months
This role is a WFH role at this time, while the office is closed
The incumbent will be part of FP&M Treasury Processes team working on projects involving new or existing applications and processes. Their primary responsibility is to ensure system solutions and related processes support overall company objectives and ensure the integrity and quality of financial data. This involves vendor/in-house application deployment, enhancements, steady state support, troubleshooting problems, identifying opportunities for increased effectiveness or efficiency in Financial and Treasury processes.
• Provide Business Analysis support by working with the end users to define and refine requirements /specifications, process re-engineering, support functional and integration testing, training, implementation and end user roll out.
• Work with the IS development team to explain and clarify the business requirements/specifications and rationale in order to help create solutions that would meet business needs.
• Proactively resolve issues by consulting various stakeholders
• Communicate effectively to all levels of the management to report project status and critical issues requiring their attention
• Create and maintain thorough and accurate project documentation (including functional and technical design specifications) according to the project management methodologies
• Lead testing by preparing required test plans/matrices and executing functional and system integration testing of the application
• Ensure that the issues are identified, tracked, reported and resolved in a timely manner
• Project manage small to medium initiatives (as required) according to the established project management methodologies
• Support ad-hoc analysis to identify root cause of production problems and develop timely solutions
• Steady state maintenance and enhancement of existing production tools / processes
• Interact professionally with clients and business areas to provide a high quality of service.
• Minimum 5 years of professional experience in business analysis/project management function within finance or treasury area
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-changing environment
• Aptitude to work under tight deadlines, handle multiple tasks and manage ambiguity
• Capability to independently learn new systems / technology
• Possess or working toward professional designation (CMA, CGA, CBAP, PMP)
• Strong attention to detail
• Exceptional analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
• Flexible and adaptable when dealing with change
• Advanced knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, functions, etc.) and data marts
• Comfortable analyzing and organizing large volumes of data
Preferred CBAP, PMP, CPA (not mandatory)