Business Analyst- Data Governance
Typical Day in Role:
• Collaborate with product owners to understand the priorities from the product roadmap and ensure product operations align with the priorities.
• Operate autonomously in identifying problems with current operating procedures and implement feasible and scalable solutions.
• Apply experience in implementing sustainable solutions when it comes to product operations improvements.
• Act as a subject matter expert when supporting users and in user training.
• Champion the product to the wider group of users and work on product enablement at scale.
• Ensure best practices are followed by introducing standard operating procedures and frameworks.
• Manage expectations efficiently when working with cross-functional teams, like the product engineering, product owner, change management, and principal stakeholders to ensure the communications related to the product features, releases, and updates are aligned across stakeholders • Ensure that the operational processes are documented and communicated effectively to relevant stakeholders
• Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders to ensure product operations are aligned with business objectives
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 2+ years of experience with Data Management and Data Governance concepts along with metadata fundamentals
2) 3+ years of experience with tools for building information catalogs that offer features such as data catalog, data ingestion flows, data lineage, process flows, consumption searches, etc.
3)10+ years of experience in gathering business requirements, then translating them to technical requirements and user stories
1) Experience in large-scale and complex governance solutions
2) Other metadata management tools such as Talend, IBM IGC, Alation, Collibra, etc.
3) Cloud platforms and related data services knowledge (e.g., Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services)
4) experience in agile project methodology and artifacts, on software/application development lifecycle in an agile fashion (Confluence, Jira, SharePoint)
Soft Skills Required:
• Effective communication skills (i.e., spoken/written/presentation) to engage a wide array of users to elicit requirements and feedback
• Self-motivated to solve problems and able to work collaboratively with other team members
• Strong analytical skills to articulate requirements to the product delivery team
• Self-initiated to anticipate the business user/Stakeholder/Team’s needs and execute the tasks effectively
• University degree in computer science or a quantitative field