Business Analyst – Commodities
Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 month
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: GWRT – Derivatives and Structured Product Technology
• Project: Working with the commodities trading organization.
• Reason for request: Support for reference data management in SCOTS
Candidate Value Proposition
– The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of commodity products in a banking environment.
Typical Day in Role
• Looking for a resource to fulfil project needs of the system (e.g. calendar holiday scheduling data). Need to improve ability to need project needs through reviewing data, confirming its accuracy, and verifying it is also correct in system.
• May also require analysis of data and working with the ETRM systems (Energy Trading Risk Management)
• Will also be working with other commodity responsibilities and project – as cycles are available
• Will need to leverage database and SQL skills
• General business analysis and ability to work with systems
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 6+ years relevant experience as a BA
• Strong preference for candidates with commodities experience (ideally 3-5 years)
• 3+ years’ experience working with SQL and Oracle
• FI or Banking experience is an asset
• Regulatory experience is an asset
• Good communication
• Ability to multitask and work on multiple activities
• Good team fit
Best vs Average: Looking for candidates with a commodities background, candidates without this experience will only be considered if they are extremely strong in other capabilities listed (have a strong BA background and good technical skills). Good candidates will also have a background in systems analysis.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a field such as computer science, computer engineering, commerce, or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• Structure and Format: One round (about 1 hour)