Business Analyst- Capital Markets
Typical Day in Role:
• Support the implementation of cost-effective applications to meet the business objectives by, providing detailed technical designs, investigating and recommending new technology. Ensure all applications developed have a high degree of integrity, reliability, and availability to meet the requirements of the online transaction processing environment.
• Provide technical expertise, guidance, advise and knowledge transfer to all support staff on all aspects of client/server computing, programming, database technology, networking within a multi-protocol environment. The incumbent is also required to provide recommendations on departmental standards surrounding systems architecture, application development, systems integration, data modelling, testing, as well as, performing reviews and walkthroughs of all major project deliverables to ensure the quality and completeness of functionality.
• Undertake project leadership duties to the most technically complex applications by developing detailed work plans, scheduling resources, monitoring progress against plan, ensuring development is conducted according to standards, providing leadership to staff, and reviewing all work delivered.
• Provide production and user acceptance testing application support to the most complex technical problems on all applications that service each business unit by analyzing problems, implementing solutions, and developing new procedures surrounding support.
• Continuous enhancements to the Fixed Income platform stability and performance. Ensure that the stability and performance of Fixed Incomes Applications is continuously monitored and improved through regular enhancements to the applications set up (ION MMI, Market connections, etc.), infrastructure, and network.
• Be the liaison with internal and external infrastructure providers. Ensure a high level of accountability in maintaining optimal performance and stability objectives
• Secure, control and enhance the process for the regular upgrades and security requirements set up.
• Investigates holistic software problems and coordinates problem resolution with software vendors, hardware manufacturers, and/or appropriate in-house personnel.
• Develops end to end design specifications and provides consultative guidance to software project teams on their execution.
• Evaluates performance of software system and recommends changes to increase operational effectiveness.
• Provides regular coaching and guidance to junior analysts.
• Provides leadership to significant technical/business projects.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:.
1. Experience in ION/MMI or equivalent fixed income trading applications.
2. 8+ years of BA experience, IT industry experience preferred.
3. 5+ years’ experience working in Capital Markets and solid knowledge of Fixed Income is required.
4. Familiarity of working in Unix/Linux environment.
• Knowledge of SQL is an asset
• Experience in settlement systems such as Broadridge
Soft Skills Required:
• Must work well with a team
• Excellent Communication skills
• Excellent Presentation skills
• Must be a Self-Starter
• Post graduate degree
• Nice to have: CFA Level 1 or FRM designations