Job Title: Business Analyst- Capital Markets
Duration:5 months (possibility for extension)
Story Behind the Need: The Electronic Execution Services (EES) Onboarding group manages system integration and client connectivity requests while providing trading operational support for bank's direct market access (DMA) and algorithmic trading systems. We are located with the electronic equity trading desk and work directly with all the business lines we support.
The EES group is searching for a motivated FIX Business Analyst who will be responsible for managing FIX Client connectivity for bank clients, vendors and exchanges on a global basis as well as implementing technical system changes driven by business requirements.
• Project: Electronic Trading
• Reason for request: Workload
Candidate Value Proposition
This is a great opportunity to gain exposure to all aspects of electronic trading, including algorithmic strategies, trader workflow, market structure, and low-latency trading.
Typical Day in Role:
• Design, test and implement business driven system changes in the FIX engine, risk management platform and client portal hub for the Electronic Equity Trading desk
• Extensive interaction with clients, vendors and exchanges to manage and maintain FIX connectivity for electronic trading as well as onboard new clients
• Perform 2nd level support of production trading systems to troubleshoot and quickly resolve any issues or questions.
• Develop and maintain a strong knowledge of equity trading strategies, technology and market structure.
• Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. Strong communication skills and analytical skills
2. 1-2 years’ experience working within Capital Markets field – preferably related to FIX, trading applications and workflow
3. Systems design and trouble-shooting skills
4. Ability to work efficiently in a noisy and distracting trade floor environment, shifting effectively between development and production items
5. Effective written and verbal communication skills to bridge between operational support and production items
6. Ability to work individually and in a team environment
Nice to have skills:
– Some financial education (relevant courses, CSC, CFA…)
Degrees or certifications: Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred
Candidate Review & Selection
• 2 Step Process: 1 behavioural interview + 1 meet the team