Business Analyst- Capital Markets
Typical Day in Role
• Production support is critical to this role. While there is an offshore team that handles off-hour requests, a key component of 9-5 job responsibilities in this role will center around production support and helping keep timelines on track.
• Successful candidate will be responsible for the effective analysis, design, and delivery of high quality solutions that meet the business needs. Responsible for documenting requirements, analysis and design changes.
• Work with diverse set of technologies to implement new systems, or enhancing existing implementations, and ensure sound integration with surrounding components from end to end operational perspective.
• Proactively partner with business line representatives to drive improved technology solutions that support the business strategy.
• Monitor the application and provide support to business queries and concerns.
• Collaborates with other groups, primarily TFRM (trade floor risk management).
• Coordinate and work with developers, architects, business analysts, infrastructure and change management groups to deliver project goals, and support vendor, and identify opportunities for process and system improvements
• Transfer knowledge to peers and foster a culture learning in becoming subject matter experts within your domain
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• At least 5+ years of relevant IT and business industry work experience as a BA/BSA
• Strong experience in project executions, agile practice for large scale software
• Experience in market risk management and valuation is essential to ability to support project work.
• Good understanding of Capital markets and financial instruments.
• Ability to write intermediate SQL queries, as well as basic Linux experience
• Python experience is an asset
• Tableau experience is an asset
• Ability to create business solutions that meet the clients’ needs
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree related field required
• CFA or FRM designation is an asset