Business Analyst- Capital Markets
Typical Day in Role
• Manage the collection of business requirements and preparation of functional requirements for development to build
• Prepare test cases and plans and execute those test cases in the required timelines, ensuring deliverables conform to business requirements
• Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with business stakeholders, various technology teams and production support teams.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• At least 7+ years of progressive IT experience, preferably in the financial industry, with a focus on global banking and markets, including working knowledge of FX (Foreign Exchange), FX Swaps, Derivatives (Options, etc.), Security Financing Transactions (SFTs), securities, loans, deposits and mortgages.
• Demonstrated aptitude in testing complex systems and changes, including the creation of test data that can be used for repeated regression testing purposes.
• Demonstrated experience in using SQL in a Postgres or Oracle database to analyze large volumes of data rapidly
• PowerBI report development and execution
• Understanding of web development and its components
• Advanced level skills in Excel and other Microsoft productivity tools are required.
• Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Deployment methodology
• Strong knowledge of SDLC and PMLC methodologies, including Agile.
• Familiarity with Microservices, Cloud, and DevOps are an asset.
• Financial forecasting
• Self-starter able to familiarize themselves with the project and business requirements with minimal assistance from others
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong team player with excellent communication skills and customer service oriented mindset
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field required