Business Analyst- Capital Markets
Typical Day in Role:
• Represent GBM Internal Control and oversee issues log identified via Power BI dashboards
• Work with the business stakeholders to address inconsistencies in data collected
• Partner with the IC and GBME Application Teams to assist with executing sample testing of record types to validate against regulatory requirements
• Write policies for the Program
• Chair testing kick off calls to level set expectations with stakeholders
• Review sample test data and validate field level against obligations within record keeping requirements and oversee UAT
• Document test results and create dashboards for management status updates
• Follow up with stakeholders to address open items
• Provide bi – weekly status updates to project team
• Support the build out of Testing Requirements and approach to be executed
• Successfully work and collaborate with other teams to meet project deadlines
• Ensure clear executive reporting, issue escalation, and risk mitigation
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 10+ years of experience as a Business Analyst, Project Manager or related field. Working within Financial Services/Banking
2) 5+ years of Capital Markets Experience – specifically experience with SWAPS and forward contracts
3) Familiarity of Regulatory Records Management/ Records Keeping – with regulators: SWAP dealer, security-based SWAP dealer (18A5 & 18A6), FCM, US commodity laws OR/& Data governance in the financial industries (instruments, pricing & client static referential data)
1) 2-5 years of experience with Regulatory Records Management, including demonstrated knowledge of RIM perimeter and functions
Soft Skills Required:
• Should be comfortable working in a Regulatory environment addressing various requests and delivering on initiatives in a time sensitive manner.
• Good knowledge of multiple global banking businesses including related systems and procedures.
• Good ability to balance competing or conflicting goals of various departments and stakeholders which requires a mature, diplomatic approach and highly developed negotiation and influencing skills.
• Ability to take initiative and be proactive (make proposals and defend them)
• Strong communication, facilitation, writing, and presentation skills.
• Strong stakeholder management skills
Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field