Business Analyst- Capital Markets
Typical Day in Role:
• Partners with technology groups, internal controls and Legal/Compliance to drive the retainment and governance of multiple market order data feeds across GBM’s order platforms. Acts as business lead for data storage solution and is responsible for development of BAU quality and completeness control processes.
• Acts as data and business SME for GBM’s market order data, assisting with Regulatory, internal and external requests regarding pre-trade order data.
• Develops and maintains the end-to-end mapping of data and connectivity for market order data between Order and Execution, across all relevant platforms.
• Works with Global Governance stakeholders to identify and design data governance controls and processes across Internal Controls processes.
• Strengthening and developing the control environment by promoting an understanding and adherence to the existing governance framework and policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Actively creating efficiencies in the way controls are applied while still operating under a strong controls framework
• Developing relationships with business, technology and vendor stakeholders to understand requirements to manage operational risk and support business activity.
• Integrate market order data from multiple sources and create and contribute requirements in order to develop a robust storage solution to satisfy GBM,’s regulatory recordkeeping requirements.
• Defines a common data schema for storage and normalization of multiple market order feeds across our various vendor platforms.
• Leverage/Identify enhanced tools and processes through innovative use of the available technologies.
o Lead the development and build of data governance metrics, including:
o Develop Key Risk Indicators and Key Performance Indicators tools to facilitate an understanding of Internal Control’s data quality and completeness
o Maintain and develop additional functionality to in-house tracking tools, and provide periodic and ad-hoc reports to management
o Support trading management with ad-hoc requests and special projects
o Create detailed documentation and training guides for tools and systems, and ensure all processes are clearly documented
• Ensure departmental objectives are met by keeping current on rapidly changing technological trends, self-teaching and maintaining an understanding of new software development technologies.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
• 8+ years experience as a BA
• 2+ years of Capital Markets experience required.
• High proficiency in data analytics tools (Python, SQL), data visualization tools (PowerBI) and Office 365 products (Excel VBA, SharePoint, Power Automate).
• Experience creating and implementing data models, schemas and databases.
• Experience working cross functionally with Technology, Compliance, Legal stakeholders across both junior and senior levels.
• Knowledge of data lake platforms
• Proven experience understanding and consolidating data feeds into enterprise grade data pipelines.
• Good understanding of REST APIs and other connectivity methods between data sources and vendor platforms.
• Ability to successfully work in a fast paced and dynamic environment with constant changing conditions.
• Team player with strong written, communication and presentation skills.
• The ability to prioritize amongst many competing deliverables at any given time
• University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline
– Product knowledge across Capital Markets
– CFA or relevant Finance degree