Business Analyst- Capital Markets
Typical Day in Role
• Collaborate with other teams within risk management to gather requirements and provide updates on progress
• Working alongside other BAs, developers, and project managers
• Generate business requirements and documents that align to the policies to ensure that the new technology meets the needs of the business lines as they adapt to comply with policy
• Work alongside developers and technical experts to develop functions or technical requirements that will provide the reference for new technology and new software
• Design functional test cases and carry out the testing and valuation concurrently with development.
• Review test results and identify corrective steps for complex issues across application boundaries
• Utilize strong written and verbal communication skills when conducting and facilitating presentations to stakeholders and management
• Exercise initiative and sound judgment in the execution of project plans and schedules.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 10+ years’ experience in the capacity of a BSA
• Recent and relevant experience with counterparty risk and financial risk (PFE calculation, ability to understand financial statements and work with complex financial instruments, etc.)
• Working experience with Excel is required
• Previous experience with and knowledge of the SDLC
• Experience with Unix, Python, or SQL is an asset
• Familiarity with different data formats such as XML and JSON are assets
• Experience with JIRA and Confluence is an asset
• Verbal and written communication is required
• Good teamwork
• Flexibility and ability to adapt quickly to changes in requirements
• Proactive problem solver
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.