Business Analyst- Capital Markets
Typical Day in Role
• Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders including business end users and upstream / downstream technology groups to gather comprehensive information related to problems, projects and requests
• Participate in all aspects of a systems development life cycle within the development team (Requirements Analysis, Design, Development, Test, QA, Data Lineage, Implementation and Support).Act as a liaison and primary communication channel between appropriate business line and development teams on requirements, issue resolution, status, project execution and prioritization.
• Work closely with internal development resources as well as third-party vendor contacts to design and test creative and efficient solutions
• Actively participate in or lead team stand-ups and scrums to ensure broad awareness of in-flight initiatives and coordinate work efforts
• Manage functional and technical requests as well as bug investigations and discretionary work efforts using a variety of tools including JIRA, Confluence, and ServiceNow
• Actively participate in improving team processes and workflows, with an emphasis on knowledge retention and intra / inter-team cooperation
• Accountable for understanding all stakeholder needs, providing detailed product design specification by way of user stories and assisting in the prioritizing of stories during Sprint planning.
• Turn business requirements into technical specifications and other technical documentation (data transformations, design and operational support documentation).
• Knowledge of bank’s products (i.e. capital markets and retail) and operational process and controls. Specifically, FX products, payment processing, and confirmations.
• Fluent in Agile techniques and demonstrated experience in working within an agile environment, either as a product owner or as a team member.
• Apply a variety of analysis tools to interpret data and identify patterns.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 3-5 years of FX trading systems experience as a business analyst (e.g. Wallstreet FX, Murex, eFX trading venues, etc.)
• Strong knowledge of Foreign Exchange products and trade lifecycle, especially front/middle office functions such as trade execution/booking, P&L, and risk
• Strong working knowledge writing intermediate/advanced SQL queries
• Hands on experience with the software development lifecycle, leading technical specification discussions with developers as well as SIT/UAT testing efforts
• Practical technology project experience, as a business analyst and/or a project manager
• Willingness to learn new things is a key value
• Problem solver
• Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision, and collaboratively as part of a broader technology group
• Effective written and verbal communication skills to bridge between technical content and business objectives
Nice to Have Skills:
• Proficiency in Unix
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required