Business Analyst- Capital Markets
Typical Day in Role:
• Lead and drive the implementation of technology solutions and enhancements for derivative platform using new technologies and tools that best support the diverse business needs and strategy.
• Manage small to large multi-disciplinary projects to solve complex business problems. This may involve planning, defining business requirements and processes, preparing effort estimates and business case proposals, developing testing and implementation strategies, and required documentations, developing plans, monitoring progress against planned objectives, and securing consensus and co-operation from users and senior management.
• Manage and provide business support for derivatives business globally, this may include system integration, perform analysis, ad-hoc queries, user training, designing, and implementing system enhancements.
• Collaborate with multiple technology groups and vendors to ensure that the application, integrations, infrastructure, and security architectures are designed to meet evolving business requirements, meet standards for reliability, scalability, performance, and availability and align with the Bank’s Technology roadmap.
• Effectively communicate and build rapport with all team members and stakeholders including various technology teams and vendors. Continuous building and maintaining strong working relationship with business stakeholders, and partner with them to help drive the strategy of the department.
Must Have Skills:
• Have 10+ yrs of relevant IT and industry work experience in the capacity of a BA/BSA
• 5+ years’ experience with major financial markets, financial instruments ranging from OTC derivative products to foreign exchange, including market convention and valuation methods, risk management methodologies (market risk), regulatory requirements, Back Office processes, and the end-to-end workflows among the Front, Middle and Back offices.
• Must process a solid understanding of system development lifecycle and agile delivery methodologies and able to keep current with rapidly evolving technology to effectively apply knowledge to the solution of a business problem.
• In-depth knowledge of derivatives products on interest rates, equity, credit and FX and understanding of complex non-vanilla products and operation process would be an asset
• Experience in data analytics – experience interpreting Python, writing SQL queries, and Elasticsearch is an asset
• Experience with systems design and specification for large scale applications
• The incumbent must be a creative, self-starting, result-oriented, customer focused and highly motivated individual with excellent analytical skills to apply the knowledge to independently resolve complex business problems that are multi-dimensional.
• Strong problem solving and analysis skills followed by good ability to evaluate alternatives and provide recommendations and solutions to complex and multi-dimensional problem.
• Must have excellent communication and presentation skills, and able to manage stakeholder relations and work with cross -departmental teams effectively
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field required