Business Analyst- Capital Markets
Typical Day in Role:
• Partners with technology groups, internal controls and Legal/Compliance to drive the retainment and governance of multiple pre-trade order data feeds across GBM’s order platforms. Acts as business lead for data storage solution and is responsible for development of BAU quality and completeness control processes.
• Acts as data and business SME for GBM’s pre-trade data, assisting with Regulatory, internal and external requests regarding pre-trade order data.
• Develops and maintains the end-to-end mapping of data and connectivity for pre-trade data between Order and Execution, across all relevant platforms.
• Works with Global Governance stakeholders to identify and design data governance controls and processes across Internal Controls processes.
• Strengthening and developing the control environment by promoting an understanding and adherence to the existing governance framework and policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Actively creating efficiencies in the way controls are applied while still operating under a strong controls framework
• Developing relationships with business, technology and vendor stakeholders to understand requirements to manage operational risk and support business activity.
• Integrate pre-trade data from multiple sources and create and contribute requirements in order to develop a robust storage solution to satisfy GBM,’s regulatory recordkeeping requirements.
• Defines a common data schema for storage and normalization of multiple pre-trade order feeds across our various vendor platforms.
• Leverage/Identify enhanced tools and processes through innovative use of the available technologies.
o Lead the development and build of data governance metrics, including:
o Develop Key Risk Indicators and Key Performance Indicators tools to facilitate an understanding of Internal Control’s data quality and completeness
o Maintain and develop additional functionality to in-house tracking tools, and provide periodic and ad-hoc reports to management
o Support trading management with ad-hoc requests and special projects
o Create detailed documentation and training guides for tools and systems, and ensure all processes are clearly documented
• Ensure departmental objectives are met by keeping current on rapidly changing technological trends, self-teaching and maintaining an understanding of new software development technologies.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
• 2+ years of Capital Markets experience required.
• High proficiency in data analytics tools (Python, SQL), data visualization tools (PowerBI, Tableau) and Office 365 products (Excel VBA, SharePoint, Power Automate).
• Experience creating and implementing data models, schemas and databases.
• Experience working cross functionally with Technology, Compliance, Legal stakeholders across both junior and senior levels.
• Knowledge of data lake platforms
• Proven experience understanding and consolidating data feeds into enterprise grade data pipelines.
• Good understanding of REST APIs and other connectivity methods between data sources and vendor platforms.
• Ability to successfully work in a fast paced and dynamic environment with constant changing conditions.
• Team player with strong written, communication and presentation skills.
• The ability to prioritize amongst many competing deliverables at any given time
• University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline
– Product knowledge across Capital Markets
– CFA or relevant Finance degree