Business Analyst- Capital Markets
Typical Day in Role
• Communicating with multiple stakeholders to aid in the implementation of the new T+1 settlement project
• Working with stakeholders across Canada and the US
• Conduct proper documentation
• Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers
• Leverage knowledge of equity products to drive success of project
• Working in an Agile environment
• Work closely with stakeholders within all business functions to assess the current and future states, perform gap analyses, derive business requirements, and design solutions that meets business and regulatory needs.
• Provides expert knowledge of cross-functional and business processes.
• Provides support production issues
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 8+ years’ experience as a BA, including experience with documentation, ability to create workflow diagrams, business requirements, etc.
• 2+ years’ experience with equity derivative products within capital markets (stocks, OTC Options, listed options, structured products)
• 3+ years’ testing/automation experience using both Excel and SQL.
• Experience working with multiple stakeholders (front to back office within capital markets: developers, traders, etc.). Back-office exposure is most critical, although the role requires some exposure on collaboration with the front office to understand requirements.
• Experience with Agile methodologies.
• Ability to participate in programming or scripting for automated testing is an asset
• Advanced experience with SQL and databases is an asset
• Jira and Confluence experience is an asset
• Able to document and clearly communicate with stakeholders
• Team player
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree a related field required.