Business Analyst- Capital Markets
Typical Day in Role
• The Business Analyst Specialist is a key position in the Global Wholesale and Risk Technology team, responsible for servicing Global Capital Markets and delivering system solutions for Global Wholesale Operations – Confirmations.
• Directly support Global Wholesale Operations users to help resolve business and technology issues with the team, independently, and with urgency.
• Understand the business from several points of view and align IT&S systems and processes to address critical information and automation requirements.
• Be responsible for the successful implementation of specific business line solutions for projects, supporting highly complex business applications with complex integration needs across multiple technology disciplines.
• Formulate and define information systems scope, and objectives based on a thorough understanding of the requirements of the specific business line.
• Participate in all phases of the IT System Development Lifecycle (SDLC). Act as a liaison between developers and business team members. Provide timely project status updates to the Project Manager; identifying/reporting project risks as early as possible and proactively mitigating project risks as identified.
• Provide expert knowledge of cross-functional and business processes.
• Work independently with little management direction and handle extremely complex problems.
• Collaborate as the business lead with multiple technology groups and vendors to ensure that the application, integrations, infrastructure and security architectures are designed to meet evolving business requirements, meet standards for reliability, scalability, performance and availability and align with our IT&S Technology roadmap.
• Read and understand code (SQL, XML, JSON, etc.)
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 6+ years in a relevant capacity as a Business Analyst
• 3+ experience in Capital Markets; Middle and Back Office (Operations). Knowledge of Confirmations and/or post-trade lifecycle an asset.
• 4+ years’ experience working on a technology/project/business team developing a product. Preference to candidates with experience using Xceptor workflow management and SmartDX document management (less than four years is acceptable with this skillset).
• Proven experience with SQL (MS SQL, Oracle) data analysis, data modeling, data engineering
• Demonstrated experience in writing both business and technical documentation, flow charts, design documents collaborating and sharing knowledge using wikis (SharePoint, Confluence, Office365)
• Confirmations experience is valuable and preferred
• Experience with Xceptor system is an asset
• Power BI experience is an asset
• Visio is an asset
• Strong experience in communicating effectively using clear and concise verbal, written, and presentation communication skills at senior management levels.
• Pride yourself on analysis, logical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Communicator/Negotiator. You are great at making sure everyone's speaking the same language and are on the same page, and sometimes that involves some give and take.
• Self-Motivated. You do good work, and lots of it; the drive to deliver quality work is just a part of you. You are also able to simplify complex situations and navigate ambiguity.
• Fast learner. Accustomed to working in a start-up style, fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment. Will be tested.
• Detail Oriented. You notice all the little details for every document / requirement / conversation that comes across you, and it drives you crazy that others cannot keep everything consistent.
• Learning is breathing. You stay current on the tools and approaches that work best. And you are excited about working on new projects because every project is a new learning opportunity!
• Team Player. You enjoy collaborating with, learning from, and teaching others so we all become better.
Degrees or certifications:
• A recognized post-graduate or master’s degree in business, computer science, finance, mathematics, CFA and/or FRM would be an asset.