Business Analyst- Capital Markets
Typical Day in Role
• Independently resolve complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs of the assigned Lines of Business, by applying their financial and technological knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions.
• Conducting research and analysis, accurately and clearly defining user requirements and processes, and liaising with the users.
• Manage multiple small projects and/or lead specific sections of large projects to implement solutions to business problems.
• Planning and scheduling resources, developing detailed project plans, monitoring progress against planned objectives, financial review, and securing consensus and co-operation from users and senior management.
• Participate in the systems implementation process by defining business requirements and processes, developing test strategies and test cases, performing testing, defining user procedures and workflows.
• Developing conversion and implementation strategies, verifying conversion, providing user documentation, providing user training, and providing post-implementation support.
• Provide business support to all units Globally, including new and existing product and deal structuring, ad hoc queries and MIS, user training, and assisting with the design and implementation of systems enhancements.
• Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of the Division’s business strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, Back Office processes, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the end user business lines.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills
• 5+ years of experience in Capital Markets. Preferred Trade Management
• 5+ years of experience as a Business analyst or related field
• Previous experience with SQL (queries)
Nice to Have Skills
• Previous experience with supporting the trade force is a plus
• Derivates products experience is a big plus
• Previous experience with JIRA
• Previous knowledge of financial instruments, including market conventions and valuation methods, risk management methodologies and (e.g. foreign exchange, interest rate derivatives) and a very good knowledge of at least one other financial market area.
• Be a creative, self-starting, results oriented and highly motivated individual with very good analytical skills
• Great communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills in order to build consensus
• Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, Finance or related work experience is required