Role: Business Analyst
Duration: 8 Months
Story behind the need:
The GWRT – Data Management team is looking to add an Intermediate SME in Canadian Financial products and services outside of retail banking. This specific project is the "Consolidated Transaction Repository" – a central data hub for transactional data for non-retail banking products and services. They essentially gather data from various trade systems and use that data for various reports. This SME is someone that is able to understand how the collected data relates to financial products and sits on the business side. This resource will need to come in and build logic templates based on the logic that has already been programmed over the past 5 years, essentially clean-up and consolidate the Logic templates for the various data points.
The main function of a Business Analyst is to perform the analysis, design, implementation, modification, and daily functional support of all applications.
• Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
• Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers
• Prepares cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation
• Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities
• Supports one or more highly complex business processes
• Works on multiple projects as a project team member
• Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
Must-haves (3-5) with number of years and scope
• Broad understanding of asset classes within non-retail aspects of banking for e.g SWAPS, Futures, options etc.
• Understanding of Risk concepts for e.g : VAR, Counter-Party Credit Risk, and Liquidity
• Capital Markets – 5+ years of experience
• Strong Excel skills – 5+ years
• Academic background in Mathematics, Finance, or Quantitative Finance
Nice to haves (3-5) with number of years and scope
• Basic SQL and Unix
• Experience with Risk calculation and the generation/manipulation of risk data