Role: Business Analyst-Capital Market
Duration: 6 Months
Story behind the need :-
The GCM Operations Technology team is currently looking for a Sr. Business Analyst to backfill an FTE going on leave.
This is a lead BA role – we expect a BA who will have leadership skills and experience working with various stakeholders. Manage various initiatives end to end – the main focus for this BA is managing day to day activities for example :- system inquiries, product issues/problems, and active technology investigations etc.
– Provide business support to the various client teams by assisting with the design and implementation of new projects and system enhancements. This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis to provide interim designs until a permanent production solution can be defined.
– Liaise between business clients, and internal and external IT departments for the purpose of gathering business requirements, and the creation of design and operation documents.
– The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that the project manager and/or management team is kept informed, and that any problems or issues are escalated appropriately.
– Participate in the system implementation process by developing and documenting test cases, performing integration testing, raising defects and providing end-user documentation.
– Provide post-implementation support by tracking, analyzing, monitoring, and reporting project and application related problems and issue.
– Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills in order to work effectively with end users and members of the project team.
– Must have experience leading a small to medium sized team (2+ years)
– Must have capital market/corporate lending experience (3-5 years)
– SQL (5+ years)
– Experience working with Databases – DB2 preferred (3-5 years)
– Test cases, Use Case Analysis, and Documentation experience (5+ years)
– Experience with some legacy applications (AS400)
– Experience in automated testing is an asset.
– A recognized under-graduate degree in Finance, Commerce, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related discipline, along with minimum 2 years of practical experience.