Business Analyst – AML/KYC
Location Address: WFH until further notice (once on site – Toronto)
Contract Duration: ASAP until Oct 31, 2022
Extension: Possibility of extension
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9-5 Mon-Fri
Reason: Additional workload
Story Behind the Need
Business group: AML Risk GBM Global
This business group has 13 jurisdictions including Asia Pacific US Canada UK and Brazil – it is one of the highest regulatory and audit functions within the bank, with many of ongoing projects.
Project: The Senior Analyst, Client Onboarding Reporting and Analytics, supports the KYC/AML regulatory onboarding teams, as well as other internal stakeholders by providing timely, relevant and accurate metrics to assist with ongoing design and coordination of KYC and Regulatory onboarding activities.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a project/initiative that is important to the bank and gain exposure to senior stakeholders. Possibility of extension.
Typical Day in Role:
• Identify, analyze and interpret trends in complex date sets that pertain to client and regulatory data.
• Support development of MIS and ad hoc reporting capability from customer and regulatory onboarding data contained in source system.
• Assist with design and preparation of reports on daily basis to support regulatory and operational reporting activities as well as Fenergo Upgrade Project.
• Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of both the Bank’s and the Division's business strategies, shifting regulatory environment, evolving risk management practices and methodologies, new products, updated operational processes, and rapidly changing technology to be able to drive effective business solutions.
• Actively support efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
• Support any requests for the development of audit and regulatory documentation which may be required on an ad-hoc basis.
• Establish and maintain the accuracy, currency and integrity of client data and documents as relates to AML / KYC and Regulatory onboarding activity: organize and independently validate client data and documentation, utilize commercial awareness and prudent judgment to independently validation missing or insufficient information, prepare commentary to support analysis and assessment of AML / KYC risk and outline recommendations for the client coverage team; manage business and client expectations for timely completion of onboarding. Comprehensively prepare KYC forms for sign-off by relevant business heads and compliance by evaluating AML / KYC risk supported by robust analysis and assessment.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ Years of experience as a BA
• 7+ years’ experience using Excel, Power Point database programming (SQL), and Business Intelligence reporting tools (e.g., Tableau and other visualization tools).
• 5+ AML/KYC experience
• Prior working experience in BI/data analytics in a Consulting or Banking setting is preferred
• FI experience an asset
• Experience working on regulatory projects
Soft Skills Required:
• Creative, self-starting, results-oriented, and highly motivated with excellent analytical skills.
• Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills in order to build consensus and obtain co-operation from a multitude of stakeholders, including: business users, technology and operations partners, compliance, and management.
Education: Undergraduate degree
Candidate Review & Selection
– 1-2 rounds with HM and Director – 1 hour video interview
Hiring Manager’s availability to interview:
Off Monday Jan 31st – available rest of the week